sox4lifeinPA

Guess Who?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Guess Who I'm Voting For

• Obama
    • McCain
    • Other

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 11:25 AM)
I think Obama by 4. You can sense the tightening but in the end Obama's GOTV ground game is so superior to McCain's right now it will be the difference.

Homeslice,

He means who he personally (PA4Life) will be voting for, not which way the state will turn.

And I'm thinking he'll go McCain.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 12:12 PM)
PA's voting Obama. I am certain of it.

Ding Ding Ding.

I'm not in love with either candidate, but the Republican party needs a wake up call. I think 2010 will be the new 1994. I think economically and environmentally Obama is better for us, right now. And that's pretty much the summation of my opinion: right now.

If he fails to unite congress, and therefore the U.S., by trying to pass far left agenda, then he'll lose the cross over votes and Democrats will pay the price in the mid-term elections.

McCain failed to show any sense of dynamics during the campaign and I just think rather than moving on, too many people will see his presidency as a continuation (which its not in almost every way).

I'm truly a purple republican that believes that life should be preserved at every stage: no abortions and no death penalty, but I'm a realist and I know that people need their coping mechanism. I think reproductive responsibilities should be pressed more and more and while I favor abstinence, I'm in the vast minority in people who actually waited to have sex before marriage. I think making adoptions more accessible, counseling for pregnant mothers, and prevention shoud be major priorities.

I'm sick of hearing Christians talk about "moral" issues and yet having not action themselves in the prevention of these problems. It is way too convenient to say the government should step into our lives and tell us what to do, even though on other issues: taxes, guns, religion, we say GET OUT OF OUR BUSINESS!

I'm against the concept of a church marrying two people of the same sex, but if your church wants to do that, then great. I've read the bible and I know what it says on the matter, but there's certainly a lot of room under the Gospel for all of us. I will respect your decision, disagree with it, but we can still go out to Dennys and enjoy a big slam.

I do believe that the benefits alloted to married couples discriminates against those who aren't a heterosexual couple. That means homosexuals, but that also means my unmarried great aunt mary and her sister. They've lived together for years and love each other and would benefit greatly from a "civil union".

Again, I break with the Republicans on the death penalty. I don't believe it fits within the structure of what Christ teaches. Yes, God did punish by death those who were wicked, but do I trust God in his perfection as a judge and jury? completely. Do I trust a proven broken system of average broken people like me? yes and no. Yes I think convictions are 99% just, but no I do not think it in our best interest to kill people. The Gospel of Christ is about redemption and restoration of all things. All things including the murderer. A murderer who gives his life to God and spends the rest of his life in prison may have a greater effect on people in the name of God than i will ever. Yes their crime was abhorable, that is why we send them to prison.

Alternatively, I believe we should be charging room and board to anyone in jail. Prison is the only place where you don't have to pay rent, why? I think by charging prisoners for their stay in jail and requiring them to work of their bills would be a great way to prevent individuals who just want to stay there because it's easier than the outside world. I believe the responsibility of paying rent and working on a consistent basis will encourage prisoners to better adapt when released.

So all of this goes to show that I'm a weird quasi-conservative: a purple republican. I believe that the private sector gets it right more often than the government, but I know without quality oversight and governance, the corruption through money and power will distort the intended purpose of the organization.

I know some of you don't care, but I just thought I'd share.

QUOTE (sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 06:11 AM)
Ding Ding Ding.

I'm not in love with either candidate, but the Republican party needs a wake up call. I think 2010 will be the new 1994. I think economically and environmentally Obama is better for us, right now. And that's pretty much the summation of my opinion: right now.

If he fails to unite congress, and therefore the U.S., by trying to pass far left agenda, then he'll lose the cross over votes and Democrats will pay the price in the mid-term elections.

McCain failed to show any sense of dynamics during the campaign and I just think rather than moving on, too many people will see his presidency as a continuation (which its not in almost every way).

I'm truly a purple republican that believes that life should be preserved at every stage: no abortions and no death penalty, but I'm a realist and I know that people need their coping mechanism. I think reproductive responsibilities should be pressed more and more and while I favor abstinence, I'm in the vast minority in people who actually waited to have sex before marriage. I think making adoptions more accessible, counseling for pregnant mothers, and prevention shoud be major priorities.

I'm sick of hearing Christians talk about "moral" issues and yet having not action themselves in the prevention of these problems. It is way too convenient to say the government should step into our lives and tell us what to do, even though on other issues: taxes, guns, religion, we say GET OUT OF OUR BUSINESS!

I'm against the concept of a church marrying two people of the same sex, but if your church wants to do that, then great. I've read the bible and I know what it says on the matter, but there's certainly a lot of room under the Gospel for all of us. I will respect your decision, disagree with it, but we can still go out to Dennys and enjoy a big slam.

I do believe that the benefits alloted to married couples discriminates against those who aren't a heterosexual couple. That means homosexuals, but that also means my unmarried great aunt mary and her sister. They've lived together for years and love each other and would benefit greatly from a "civil union".

Again, I break with the Republicans on the death penalty. I don't believe it fits within the structure of what Christ teaches. Yes, God did punish by death those who were wicked, but do I trust God in his perfection as a judge and jury? completely. Do I trust a proven broken system of average broken people like me? yes and no. Yes I think convictions are 99% just, but no I do not think it in our best interest to kill people. The Gospel of Christ is about redemption and restoration of all things. All things including the murderer. A murderer who gives his life to God and spends the rest of his life in prison may have a greater effect on people in the name of God than i will ever. Yes their crime was abhorable, that is why we send them to prison.

Alternatively, I believe we should be charging room and board to anyone in jail. Prison is the only place where you don't have to pay rent, why? I think by charging prisoners for their stay in jail and requiring them to work of their bills would be a great way to prevent individuals who just want to stay there because it's easier than the outside world. I believe the responsibility of paying rent and working on a consistent basis will encourage prisoners to better adapt when released.

So all of this goes to show that I'm a weird quasi-conservative: a purple republican. I believe that the private sector gets it right more often than the government, but I know without quality oversight and governance, the corruption through money and power will distort the intended purpose of the organization.

I know some of you don't care, but I just thought I'd share.

Nah, there is more of us than you think. keep the faith brother :cheers