The last group to get PC Protection

Texsox

Basically almost every group in America now get shielded from comments and jokes and etc. They receive what I'm going to call Politically Correct Protection. Currently, I'm thinking the last groups to get this protection are Mexicans, French, and White Conservative Males (thanks to a couple friends for extending my list)

My prediction is the last person in America to be left out of the PC umbrella will be my buddy AlphaDog. The middle class, white, suburban, conservative, male with zero Democrat leanings. He'll be a Letterman punchline for a long time. I was going to say Rush, but he has that great drug addiction to help him out. Nuke, where is he, has the whole Veteran thing that is now in fashion. PA had a chance, and he may still win. We'll have to see how religion plays out. And the media guys will always take care of their own. And who put the P in PC? We know it will not be a politician. So that leaves Alpha.

Sorry Bud. Good luck. :headbang

What say you America?

QUOTE (Texsox @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 11:36 AM)
Basically almost every group in America now get shielded from comments and jokes and etc. They receive what I'm going to call Politically Correct Protection. Currently, I'm thinking the last groups to get this protection are Mexicans, French, and White Conservative Males (thanks to a couple friends for extending my list)

My prediction is the last person in America to be left out of the PC umbrella will be my buddy AlphaDog. The middle class, white, suburban, conservative, male with zero Democrat leanings. He'll be a Letterman punchline for a long time. I was going to say Rush, but he has that great drug addiction to help him out. Nuke, where is he, has the whole Veteran thing that is now in fashion. PA had a chance, and he may still win. We'll have to see how religion plays out. And the media guys will always take care of their own. And who put the P in PC? We know it will not be a politician. So that leaves Alpha.

Sorry Bud. Good luck. :headbang

What say you America?

You forgot that half my family comes from redneck sections of Kentucy, Tennesee and southern Illinois. I don't see anyone jumping to the protection of rednecks yet, even though Murtha insulted them in Penn. But maybe soon.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 01:52 PM)
You forgot that half my family comes from redneck sections of Kentucy, Tennesee and southern Illinois. I don't see anyone jumping to the protection of rednecks yet, even though Murtha insulted them in Penn. But maybe soon.

Even rednecks make fun of rednecks so it's kind of moot. I mean the non-racist kind though. Why the racist rednecks don't get PC protection is pretty obvious.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 02:21 PM)
Even rednecks make fun of rednecks so it's kind of moot. I mean the non-racist kind though. Why the racist rednecks don't get PC protection is pretty obvious.

I don't agree with that fully, simply because blacks make fun of blacks, and it is considered my many some of the funniest comedy out there. There is also the whole rap culture angle to factor in there as well. To me those two things kinda disqualify that line of thinking.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 11:12 AM)
I don't agree with that fully, simply because blacks make fun of blacks, and it is considered my many some of the funniest comedy out there. There is also the whole rap culture angle to factor in there as well. To me those two things kinda disqualify that line of thinking.

Whites can make fun of blacks in the right context and in the right environment. It really isn't that big of a deal. If I'm thinking of somewhere that you can't make a funny black joke, you probably can't make a redneck joke there either unless you are a redneck yourself.

I'm just waiting for someone to start looking out for the Swedes.

In reality, you are allowed to say whatever you want about people in big cities and you are free from retribution. Just call them a bunch of latte drinking foot rubbin fake tannin ninnyboofs and you are fine. It doesn't matter. It makes sense, since they have all the power. I don't get upset either.