ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS

Rex Kickass

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)
I think the exit polls will slant pro-Democrat. But I still predict a 7% win for Obama in popular vote and large electoral college win.

I think the "Unweighted" exit polls certainly will. Which is of course, the garbage everyone winds up posting early.

Broken down by categories and eventually normalized, that will be useful data.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 03:34 PM)
Howard Fineman reports that the "outside" Rev. Wright ads may have energized black turnout in PA.

What, did they do an exit poll question on Rev. Wright? Otherwise they're just talking out of their rears.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)
CNN has Indiana reporting now.

Some of the early, more rural, hell let's call them "Hillary" counties in Indiana are coming in fairly close or even with a reasonable Obama lead. Vigo county, on the IL border, is half reported and it's at 57/42 Obama. This will be the last time in my life I ever think about Vigo county, Indiana.

If it's anywhere close when the boom from NW IND and Marion county comes in, then Indiana will be blue. McCain needs to run up the score in the rural counties.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
CNN is saying that McCain's White Evangelical percentage is lagging behind Bush's 2004 take by 6 points.

While that's an interesting number, it's hard to take without a context...i.e. is it lagging because they're voting Obama, is it lagging because of turnout, is it lagging in specific regions. Etc.