ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS

Rex Kickass

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 05:55 PM)
Whatever happens guys its been an interesting ride debating you on a consistent basis and weve got a very knowledgeable group of posters here on both sides. Hopefully, whatever happens is best for the country. :cheers

I truly believe either one will do fine. I also believe the genious of our government is we can withstand the biggest idiot in the biggest office and be just fine.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 05:59 PM)
I truly believe either one will do fine. I also believe the genious of our government is we can withstand the biggest idiot in the biggest office and be just fine.

If we can survive W we can survive anything, and I just got gas for 2.49...what could go wrong now?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 06:02 PM)
So, since you're the one saying "Don't trust exit polls"...are these demographic normalized?

It's my understanding that exit polls released by CNN and MSNBC are weighted and normalized. It's the early "leaked" polls that tend to be VERY inaccurate.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 04:05 PM)
It's my understanding that exit polls released by CNN and MSNBC are weighted and normalized. It's the early "leaked" polls that tend to be VERY inaccurate.

Ok, you weren't citing a source on those, just saying they existed, which is why I asked.

The fact that the earliest precincts in Indiana are reporting from the rural areas and Indiana is splitting 50/50 in those areas is a strong sign of Indiana going blue. None of the college towns are in at all yet either, let alone NW and marion.

Indiana actually has a shot at making my prediction of Virginia being the "Celebrate at the first switching red state" be wrong.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 07:06 PM)
The fact that the earliest precincts in Indiana are reporting from the rural areas and Indiana is splitting 50/50 in those areas is a strong sign of Indiana going blue. None of the college towns are in at all yet either, let alone NW and marion.

Indiana actually has a shot at making my prediction of Virginia being the "Celebrate at the first switching red state" be wrong.

If either of them switch, its pretty much over provided that Pennsylvania stays in Obama's corner.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 04:10 PM)
If either of them switch, its pretty much over provided that Pennsylvania stays in Obama's corner.

I just thought VA would be the first to go based on the fact that it's the biggest red state lead for BO and the fact that it closed so early. But Indiana, by closing all the rural areas an hour earlier is way out ahead in the counting right now, and if it stays remotely close from the early closing part they may call it.