ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS

Rex Kickass

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 09:22 PM)
CNN calls WV for McCain, though it looks like a closer race than you might have thought.

One of my bff's is from WV, and she said WV used to be pretty democratic--lots of union support and support for the working poor. She said that the democrats just kind of gave up on her state after 2000 and that if they focused more there the state would be competitive.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 09:34 PM)
Is there any theories why Ohio is such a strong indicator of which way the vote will swing?

Because if all he did was keep the Kerry states and win Ohio or Florida he wins. He won Ohio plus some. We know that McCain is not going to take CA, OR, WA, or HI. It's over.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)
Because if all he did was keep the Kerry states and win Ohio or Florida he wins. He won Ohio plus some. We know that McCain is not going to take CA, OR, WA, or HI. It's over.

Well, I guess my question was more of a historical question rather than a present time question. I could have sworn I heard tonite that Ohio was a very strong indicator historically of which way the vote will swing.

Almost as good as an indicator as the monday night football game ;)

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
Well, I guess my question was more of a historical question rather than a present time question. I could have sworn I heard tonite that Ohio was a very strong indicator historically of which way the vote will swing.

Almost as good as an indicator as the monday night football game ;)

I don't think there is really any science to it. Factually over the past many years the winner of Ohio wins the election. No rhyme or reason.