Congressional Elections Results Thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 07:33 PM)
KY senate - McConnell/Lunsford - too close to call

FOX calls it for McConnell. FOX also called a GA Chambliss win. Dems need to run the table on the rest of the Senate seats which are winable to get to 60. VERY GOOD NEWS

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 09:02 PM)
What I honestly hope is that the Dems have enough gains to kick Lieberman out of their caucus.

the Democrats won't get to 60, but they will still have plenty of room to peel off Republican votes to avoid filibusters an a lot of stuff.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)
the Democrats won't get to 60, but they will still have plenty of room to peel off Republican votes to avoid filibusters an a lot of stuff.

I've thought that for a while. On Many isssues, there are cross overs. So, even 57 or 58 is a very strong majority.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)
I've thought that for a while. On Many isssues, there are cross overs. So, even 57 or 58 is a very strong majority.

also, the Democrats have some conservative Democrats holding seats, so a really totally over the top agenda probably wouldn't have worked.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 10:10 PM)
also, the Democrats have some conservative Democrats holding seats, so a really totally over the top agenda probably wouldn't have worked.

I don't think you'd see one supported by Obama.

Look for him to push his tax cut, a jobs program, and some ethics reform packages. Nothing earthshaking, just stuff to make stuff happen. Obama will be a boring president. That's what matters.