Congressional Elections Results Thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 09:15 PM)
Energy bill soon as well. I thoroughly agree with Tom Friedman that the key to a prosperous 21st century america is leading the world in energy technology

I would expect support on energy bills. The $500 free check will pass too.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 10:33 PM)
Al Franken up by 15K votes in MN.

Looks like the Republicans will keep MS.

Landrieu in a tough race, only winning by 15K votes. Only vulnerable Dem in the Senate at this point.

Just talked to a friend in MN and she said they were reporting Franken is up by only about 600 now.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 11:49 PM)
And Franken is a pile of s***, no offense.

I can't forgive Coleman for the way he won in 2002. Just like I can't forgive Chambliss for the way he won in 2002. I'm not a big Al Franken fan but I hope for the best with him tonight. It's not looking great though, down 15K votes at the moment.

Prop 8 will pass in Cali, I'm wagering, it's up 10 points right now. Still early though, but I'm guessing it passes. Which means legal marriages will be voided. That's very sad.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 03:32 PM)
I am thrilled that all three incumbants on our school board were voted out last night. That makes 6 out of the 7 seats having new members in the last two elections. Hopefully that means we can drum our superintendant and move forward.

same thing happened here in columbia, unfortunately here I don't have much hope for our new administrators.

as good a night as it was for Obama, don young and Ted Stevens were re elected, Norm Coleman probably is, Judy Baker loses to an absolute moron. IT wasn't the greatest night for congressional races.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 04:46 AM)
Looks like Smith survives in Oregon.

Ted Stevens appears to have survived in Alaska as of now, although it's not official yet.

In other words, it appears highly likely that Governor Palin will get to appoint a Senator. Perhaps Senator Palin?

Georgia appears highly likely to go to a runoff election (no candidate getting 50%) once the absentee ballots are counted.

Minnesota has a 300 vote margin right now.