Obama's Senate Seat

daa84

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 10:07 AM)
If that's the case, bet on Jesse Jr.

Well Jessie's political cronies will love that. First order of business. Big useless airport out in the middle of no where. Who do you think has been purchasing that land in Peotone.

My friends a big republican, and with the lack of talent in the IGOP we both agreed maybe their only shot at governor is Joe Birkett, especially if he convicts this case he's on. But, if Madigan doesn't get the Senate, she'll probably go for Governor, and in that case it would be funny if Birkett goes against Madigan again.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 10:10 AM)
My friends a big republican, and with the lack of talent in the IGOP we both agreed maybe their only shot at governor is Joe Birkett, especially if he convicts this case he's on. But, if Madigan doesn't get the Senate, she'll probably go for Governor, and in that case it would be funny if Birkett goes against Madigan again.

Well Joe was a hell of a lot more qualified to be the AG than she was. But I dont see Joe getting enough downstate support to make a successful run. But after the Blago effect, he might have a chance.