Michael Crichton Dead at Age 66

HuskyCaucasian

Via Wikipedia:

John Michael Crichton (October 23, 1942-November 5, 2008) is an American author, film producer, film director, medical doctor, and television producer best known for his science fiction and techno-thriller novels, films, and television programs. His books have sold over 150 million copies worldwide. His works are usually based on the action genre and heavily feature technology.

Many of his future history novels have medical or scientific underpinnings, reflecting his medical training and science background. He's the author of The Andromeda Strain, Congo, Disclosure, Timeline, State of Fear, Prey, and Next. He is also the creator of ER, but most famous for being the author of Jurassic Park, and its sequel The Lost World, both adapted into high grossing films and lead to the very successful franchise.

Very sad. What a tremendous talent.

I went several years after college not wanting to read more than was absolutely necessary for work.

His books are what drew me back in to regular reading.

For that I owe him.

'A Case of Need' is a little known classic. Definitely worth the time.

QUOTE (scenario @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 01:11 PM)
'A Case of Need' is a little known classic. Definitely worth the time.

Absolutely. Very good book...

My favorite Crichton contribution has to be ER. I own seasons 1-7 and have watched season 1 probably like 3 times. The show might not be what it once was, but overall it is definitely the best medical drama ever.

QUOTE (G&T @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 09:32 PM)
He was my favorite author growing up. I read every book twice at least, until State of Fear. Sphere was a great book (the movie was awful).

I absolutely loved Sphere growing up. I might have to read that one again soon.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 04:53 PM)
Absolutely. Very good book...

My favorite Crichton contribution has to be ER. I own seasons 1-7 and have watched season 1 probably like 3 times. The show might not be what it once was, but overall it is definitely the best medical drama ever.

Its a good thing it is in its last year now. They are about 5 years too late honestly. Back in the day, it was by far the best thing on television.