NOT a new name for the IF rumor's....

southsider2k5

He had OPS's away from PETCO above .800 in both 06 and 07, but he was just absolutely terrible in 2008.

Still he could be a decent buy low candidate depending on the price.

I'd probably rather give us less for him than say to acquire a J.J Hardy for instance.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 12:29 PM)
Ugh, no thanks.

Compare him and Getz/Nix. If those were the only options, and you couldn't shoot yourself, which would you take? I'd probably be willing to part with something small we didn't need to pick him up for a year or two.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 04:38 PM)
Compare him and Getz/Nix. If those were the only options, and you couldn't shoot yourself, which would you take? I'd probably be willing to part with something small we didn't need to pick him up for a year or two.

How much do you guys think is to much to give up. Say one of the trio of Towers, Depodesta, and Alderson called the Sox up, and said you could get Greene and Morton for Anderson, Broadway, Allen and Shelby would you do it?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 02:02 PM)
How much do you guys think is to much to give up. Say one of the trio of Towers, Depodesta, and Alderson called the Sox up, and said you could get Greene and Morton for Anderson, Broadway, Allen and Shelby would you do it?

Just looking at his stats. Colt Morton hasn't played a full season in 2 years, since A Ball, and looks like about a .250 hitter in the minors. That's way, way more than I'd be willing to give up for the combo of those 2, esp. given that Greene is more expensive than the guys we already have.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 03:38 PM)

It depends on how Alexei fares at SS. If Alexei has a lot of trouble with the position, to the point of the Sox wanting to move him back to 2B or even CF, then Greene is a great addition. For a 2B though I'd rather have Getz. We need more players that can both make contact and get on base. If Alexei fits at SS but Getz doesn't at 2B then I'd look for a better hitting 2B.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 06:27 PM)
He made Juan Uribe money last year.

I'm not sure who I'd rather have in terms of potential, uribe or greene, but khalil will make 6.5 million next year on his current contract, and he has already turned down a 4 yr 29 million dollar extension deal. maybe its not a huge number, but it is still too costly in my opinion.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 12:43 PM)
I'm not sure who I'd rather have in terms of potential, uribe or greene, but khalil will make 6.5 million next year on his current contract, and he has already turned down a 4 yr 29 million dollar extension deal. maybe its not a huge number, but it is still too costly in my opinion.

He passed on that after his 07 season when he had a pretty damn good season. He would gobble up a 4/$29 contract in a heartbeat right now.

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 06:28 PM)
He is the white Juan Uribe.

Actually statically speaking Greene is the offensive equivalent of Jhonny Peralta and Brandon Phillips. Last year was a down year he’s quite a good offensive player when healthy.

Edited by Thunderbolt