NOT a new name for the IF rumor's....

southsider2k5

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 02:28 PM)
If Greene gets traded, I think a few people will be surprised how good he actually is offensively.

We heard the same thing when dirty 30 went to a hitter's paradise aka USCF. Greene's .542 road OPS in 2008 doesn't impress me, and considering I like Uribe, Anderson, Contreras, I'm easily impressed.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 02:31 PM)
We heard the same thing when dirty 30 went to a hitter's paradise aka USCF. Greene's .542 road OPS in 2008 doesn't impress me, and considering I like Uribe, Anderson, Contreras, I'm easily impressed.

I don't want the Sox to necessarily trade for him, I'm just a fan of Greene. Even if he was cheap, it'd have to be a last resort move to bring him in as a starter. I just think he had a bad year last season for a bad team, and in a better hitter's park with a better team, he'd perform better. Probably a .750 or so OPS, perhaps better.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 11:02 AM)
He had OPS's away from PETCO above .800 in both 06 and 07, but he was just absolutely terrible in 2008.

Still he could be a decent buy low candidate depending on the price.

I'd probably rather give us less for him than say to acquire a J.J Hardy for instance.

I'd deal him for Broadway or McCulloch or even Betemeit, but nothing else. He's a nice piece and a guy that has had one bad season (last year) but I wouldn't pencil him in for anything necessarily. I also wouldn't be shocked to see him go elsewhere and have a couple above average offensive years (as a solid 6 hitter or so).

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 02:02 PM)
How much do you guys think is to much to give up. Say one of the trio of Towers, Depodesta, and Alderson called the Sox up, and said you could get Greene and Morton for Anderson, Broadway, Allen and Shelby would you do it?

That would be highway robbery. and one of the worse trades in franchise history (potentially). Allen and Shelby are both top 10 prospects (Shelby with a ton of upside) and it would be assinine to move those guys and not get a potential impact player in return (I'm not saying those two alone get you an impact player but I'm not moving them for a guy coming off his worse season in his career and a potential back-up catcher).