Danks quote on election

Brian

Brooks Boyer is salivating right now.

Every time Obama is photographed wearing White Sox gear, it means purchases will be made in Africa, Asia, South America...all around the world, for those who see his presidency as a beacon of hope and fresh start for the US in the world again after 9/11.

I wouldn't be surprised if the upswing meant additional millions over the next four-eight years in additional revenue streams...and even more and more rap stars, hip hop artists will be wearing Sox gear again.

Just imagine all the young kids in Africa/Asia growing up with White Sox gear, like they have Michael Jordan jerseys now. Pretty cool.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 10:37 PM)

Every time Obama is photographed wearing White Sox gear, it means purchases will be made in Africa, Asia, South America...all around the world, for those who see his presidency as a beacon of hope and fresh start for the US in the world again after 9/11.

I wouldn't be surprised if the upswing meant additional millions over the next four-eight years in additional revenue streams...and even more and more rap stars, hip hop artists will be wearing Sox gear again.

Just imagine all the young kids in Africa/Asia growing up with White Sox gear, like they have Michael Jordan jerseys now. Pretty cool.

The Game wears his Sox cap a lot. He even talks about it in his songs. I think he mentioned his Sox hat in at least 3 songs in LAX.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 10:37 PM)

The money would be indirect. The Sox don't make direct money on the sale of Sox gear, its MLB licensed and pooled revenue.

But indirectly, via increase in attendance, TV and ad time, etc., that may well happen.

But they do get a bigger share of the pool (overall) if they're selling a higher percentage of caps than say, every team but the Yankees, Cubs and Red Sox? It's split exactly evenly? I can't remember.

I do know they of course don't have to share the profits of merchandise/hats sold at US Cellular, but those in-stadium purchases now probably amount to a tiny overall percentage of the worldwide sales of White Sox hats/caps.

It's a small world these days. I bought my last fitted New Era Sox cap in Hong Kong.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 09:57 PM)
Exit polls showed that 52% of the population that made 200K or more voted for Obama. Quite surprising if you ask me.

Not surprising at all.

It is a myth that most rich people (by a large margin) vote Rep...MANY rich people vote Dem...it's just a matter of priorities of those rich people.

I live near DC, my wife is very heavily involved in the non-profit sector, which is crawling with wealthy Democrats, who are members of foundations trying to get money for this or that cause.

Also and this is off topic, but I find it important to mention; since learning more about the demographics of the people who 'give money', understand that Jewish people (who have been called tight by so many) are the most giving people on this planet. The amount of money per person they donate to charitable causes obliterates every other demographic. Jewish people also tend to be highly educated, successfull and quite Liberal as well.

Sadly, I meet few Republicans at any of these functions my wife and I attend, but I do meet them. They are 'interesting Republicans'...One guy I met from Texas was a Republican and he was VERY RICH...he cussed a lot and liked to smoke weed (though we didn't agree politically other than on the one issue -environment- he was dumping tons of money into, he was awesome and a great guy). So I guess to find a Republican hanging with a bunch of us Democrats he needs to be high.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 06:58 PM)
But they do get a bigger share of the pool (overall) if they're selling a higher percentage of caps than say, every team but the Yankees, Cubs and Red Sox? It's split exactly evenly? I can't remember.

I do know they of course don't have to share the profits of merchandise/hats sold at US Cellular, but those in-stadium purchases now probably amount to a tiny overall percentage of the worldwide sales of White Sox hats/caps.

It's a small world these days. I bought my last fitted New Era Sox cap in Hong Kong.

IIRC it is divided equally. Every year the Yanks (and the like) end up writing a check to offset their incredible profits (which includes everything from tv deals to merchandise and everything in between I believe). In the past teams like Tampa and Pittsburgh have cashed in big time on MLB's revenue sharing plan. With that in mind, it would make sense that anything that is MLB licensed is in that group no matter where it's bought/sold. The popularity again will be nice. The Sox were crazy popular in the '90's among rappers wearing their hats in all their videos.