Orlando Hudson to Center Field?

HuskyCaucasian

He has had 10 SBs as a career high, so I while he may have solid range at second base, I am not sure he quite the gazelle out in CF that many teams want like Sizemore and such. Though, putting up a .800 OPS in CF at less than $10 million per season would be a good contract number. I just don't understand messing with a guy who is already at the top of his game at 2b.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 12:39 PM)
He has had 10 SBs as a career high, so I while he may have solid range at second base, I am not sure he quite the gazelle out in CF that many teams want like Sizemore and such. Though, putting up a .800 OPS in CF at less than $10 million per season would be a good contract number. I just don't understand messing with a guy who is already at the top of his game at 2b.

Yanks did it with Arod, I dont think they would have any reservations about doing it with Hudson

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 01:13 PM)
Didn't they do it with Womack as well?

And they have moved Damon all over the outfield, and moved Knoblauch to the outfield(for good reason of course), im sure there are other players as well

The Yankees just spend money and force the puzzle together whatever way they deem fit

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 06:47 PM)
Stoney was just on the Score and closed out his report by saying "SOME" teams may want to move Hudson to center field. He emphasized SOME. Seems like maybe a hint at some things he cant say.

If in fact Stone is already tipping off what KW might do tradewise that would be a problem. My guess is he might be just passing along info that has been discussed by others and is not related to any Sox issues.

It was also discussed in this piece in Newsday that was also mentioned on mlbtraderumors.com.

The specific text on the White Sox in Davidoff's Newsday piece was:

The Yankees have spoken with the White Sox about their interest in Nick Swisher. The person with whom I spoke about this stressed to me that the talks were extremely preliminary. The White Sox are not looking to dump Swisher, contrary to some reports out there. They'd much rather unload someone like Jermaine Dye, Paul Konerko or Jim Thome, although those are three challenging assignments.

So stay tuned on this one. If the Yankees strike out on Mark Teixeira, and if the White Sox can't get anything done elsewhere, then maybe this advances. For now, though, it's but a whisper.