2009 Inauguration

lostfan

Nice prediction, was probably written off as completely unrealistic back then. Only off about 4 years.

BBC World News America has unearthed a fascinating clip of Dr Martin Luther King speaking to the BBC's Bob McKenzie in 1964 in which Dr King predicts an African-American president "in less than 40 years."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/worl...ica/default.stm

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 06:52 PM)
Nice prediction, was probably written off as completely unrealistic back then. Only off about 4 years.

BBC World News America has unearthed a fascinating clip of Dr Martin Luther King speaking to the BBC's Bob McKenzie in 1964 in which Dr King predicts an African-American president "in less than 40 years."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/worl...ica/default.stm

Wow, nice find Mr. G.

I don't know why I'm subjecting myself to this torture tomorrow, but I'm doing it anyway.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 07:32 AM)
Well, I'm on my way to downtown DC folks. I'll be down there all day as my train doesn't leave until around 7 pm. Wish me luck.

Hope you have (had) a great time. Pretty cool to see Sox hats in the crowd.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 07:32 AM)
Well, I'm on my way to downtown DC folks. I'll be down there all day as my train doesn't leave until around 7 pm. Wish me luck.

I wish I was there.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 09:02 AM)
That's too bad, BS - I know you really wanted to go. You worked your ass off for what you believe in, which is more then a lot of us do. Enjoy your day.

Well at least we got to go to the victory rally on election night. That was pretty awesome.

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 09:37 AM)
There 's an Inauguration pretty much every 8 years-this just hyped beyond belief

This is one case where I am glad to see the hype. Presidential inaugurations, as well as elections, SHOULD be a big deal. All the other garbage we see hyped in the media, like "reality" TV shows and assorted other useless matters, are secondary. This is a big deal, and should be.

I just heard that the inauguration is anticipated to surpass the final episode of M*A*S*H as the most watched television event in the US, and should also break all world records as well.

Hype? There is a whole lot of substance behind the hype.