2009 Inauguration

lostfan

QUOTE (Steff @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)
I didn't mind it, and I sure don't mind you saying you do. But some people just can't let anything go, can they.

And that's where it should be left. Instead, it kept going. Read the rest of the thread. People should be able to say and do what they want... and then that's it.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 03:13 PM)
And that's where it should be left. Instead, it kept going. Read the rest of the thread. People should be able to say and do what they want... and then that's it.

Oh I'm reading it. BS agreed with Rock and they get their asses jumped on. Typical buster thread ruined. It's clear some here hate the POTUS and all he stands for and what he may or may not do. On the PH board folks would be told to stay out of threads they don't have a positive contribution for. The hypocrisy is stinker than a formula diaper.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
does anyone else see the irony between the bold part, and the part that follows...?

Oh sorry. It was meant to be in green to mock those that kept it going in the first place. My bad.

QUOTE (Steff @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 03:20 PM)
Oh sorry. It was meant to be in green to mock those that kept it going in the first place. My bad.

sorry i realized that after the fact. my bad right back atcha.

QUOTE (Steff @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 03:19 PM)
Oh I'm reading it. BS agreed with Rock and they get their asses jumped on. Typical buster thread ruined. It's clear some here hate the POTUS and all he stands for and what he may or may not do. On the PH board folks would be told to stay out of threads they don't have a positive contribution for. The hypocrisy is stinker than a formula diaper.

Actually I think this was the opposite. Two of Obama's biggest supporters were against the prayer being in his ceremony, while people who really didn't support him, supported his actions in this case.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 02:31 PM)
Heres the thing, why must we have a prayer before the oath is given? Arent we trying to show that many races, creeds and religions are what make up America, and then we do a VERY Christian prayer? f***ing strange. What happened to the seperation of church and state?

We have that freedom in America. We can worship and practice our faith. Sadly, in many countries around the world, that is not possible. Either they have a state sponsored religion, or they allow no religion at all. The Constitution protects our religious freedoms from the government state. It would seem that many people here would prefer if the government denied citizens there right to worship in public. I believe the authors of the Constitution sought to protect us from that possibility.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
Actually I think this was the opposite. Two of Obama's biggest supporters were against the prayer being in his ceremony, while people who really didn't support him, supported his actions in this case.

And two of his haters jump on their asses as usual. It's exactly as I wrote it. No positive contribution.

QUOTE (Steff @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 03:19 PM)

The Buster operates on a slightly different plane, as I am sure you are aware. If we tried to keep everything positive and shiny, we'd have about 6 posts in the entire forum.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 03:33 PM)
The Buster operates on a slightly different plane, as I am sure you are aware. If we tried to keep everything positive and shiny, we'd have about 6 posts in the entire forum.

I'm well aware. I guess I just hoped that this thread could stay free of bulls***. But I guess it wouldn't be the buster without some whiney post about the cost of this or that.

Sorry for the thread-jack.

I think unity would have been harmed if Obama was the first President to not offer a prayer. It seems we elected someone who has spoke about his faith and the role it has had in his life. His credentials in this area are well known and understood. Plus they seem above reproach. Unlike some candidates, and Presidents, I believe his faith is genuine and not something orchestrated to win voted in certain demographics. To me, it would have been hypocritical if he would then turn away from a long tradition of offering a prayer.

I wonder if some do not agree with the petitions placed in the prayer. That would be interesting. I thought the petitions were general enough that Dems and Reps would agree.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 03:47 PM)
All the Obama love around this place (meaning my job) is really getting to be overdone. I supported him and voted for him but cmon already people he isnt the answer TO EVERY ONE OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

Do you think he feels the pressure?

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 04:47 PM)
All the Obama love around this place (meaning my job) is really getting to be overdone. I supported him and voted for him but cmon already people he isnt the answer TO EVERY ONE OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

Thats what a lot of liberals I know and see on TV dont get. When someone who did not support Obama mocks him by calling him a rock star or the messiah or anything along those lines, it isnt so much because there is a hatred towards the person Obama is, or even the policies and agenda he supports. Its the "love-fest" that has been hovering around him and that has been perpetuated by a lot of the MSM and the drooling, in your face support he has been getting everywhere you go.

I signed on to facebook an hour or so ago and saw in the newsfeed probably 15-20 of my friends from college with status's like "Obama is here", "Change, change, change!", "We are saved"....i mean I get it, your guy won, but it is just ridiculous. Some of my friends truly believe he is going to fix every problem they have like a magician. I dont remember anywhere near any of this when GWB was elected the first time (its totally understandable why we never saw it the second time)

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)
Thats what a lot of liberals I know and see on TV dont get. When someone who did not support Obama mocks him by calling him a rock star or the messiah or anything along those lines, it isnt so much because there is a hatred towards the person Obama is, or even the policies and agenda he supports. Its the "love-fest" that has been hovering around him and that has been perpetuated by a lot of the MSM and the drooling, in your face support he has been getting everywhere you go.

I signed on to facebook an hour or so ago and saw in the newsfeed probably 15-20 of my friends from college with status's like "Obama is here", "Change, change, change!", "We are saved"....i mean I get it, your guy won, but it is just ridiculous. Some of my friends truly believe he is going to fix every problem they have like a magician. I dont remember anywhere near any of this when GWB was elected the first time (its totally understandable why we never saw it the second time)

Perfectly said. I find Obama to be very likable, I'm going to give him a chance and see how he goes, I am going to hope he does well, and this country NEEDS him to do well. However, i can't get myself to get fully gung ho happy about Obama being President because the MSM as well as Obama's general supporters are so stupid, so obnoxious, and so expecting miracles, that it's just sickening and hard to stomach. I actually feel kind of bad for Obama, he is expected to be the 2nd coming of Christ by his die hard supporters, and even if he does what somebody like me would consider a fantastic job, I think a lot of his suppoters will be let down to a certain degree.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)
Perfectly said. I find Obama to be very likable, I'm going to give him a chance and see how he goes, I am going to hope he does well, and this country NEEDS him to do well. However, i can't get myself to get fully gung ho happy about Obama being President because the MSM as well as Obama's general supporters are so stupid, so obnoxious, and so expecting miracles, that it's just sickening and hard to stomach. I actually feel kind of bad for Obama, he is expected to be the 2nd coming of Christ by his die hard supporters, and even if he does what somebody like me would consider a fantastic job, I think a lot of his suppoters will be let down to a certain degree.

Bolded is ridiculous. His ultra-rabid supporters are like that, of course. And I think we've all seen the reels of some of the ultra-conservative McCain/Palin supporters as well, who are similarly ignorant. To lump Obama's "general" supporters in like that is just completely innacurate.

Obama is inspiring to many, like him or not. So naturally, he will create more of those gung-ho types than other candidates. Further, those qualities ALSO brought a lot of new voters to the polls. But to say that the wingers in his stable are representative of his supporters in general? Absurd.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
Thanks! You have a way with words.

I wasn't specifically referring to anybody, but you are welcome. One of Obama's biggest supporters is AtHomeBoy, and he's actually quite rational in terms of his expectations for Obama. It's a rarity among that group.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 03:47 PM)

thank you. i'm already sick of obamania.