Jerry Owens

Chet Lemon

The fact that Owens really didnt make it to the majors last year leads me to believe that Ozzie is pretty cautious with him. I think if anyone in that group(Owens, Anderson, Wise) was to be handed the job, it would be Wise. Owens is on his last shot with the Sox, IMO

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 1, 2009 -> 08:45 AM)
If they can teach him to master the crossover step without taking the crowhop or bunny step (when stealing bases), that would be great.

His basestealing technique never bothered me really because he actually is pretty good at it. Its getting on base that is the problem

After one Pods injury after another, people have a problem with Owens doing some speciality work to help keep himself healthy for a full season? For someone whose value is inherent in healthy legs, this makes a ton of sense. Like him or hate him as a baseball player, to rip him for doing this is just plain silly.

According to KW per the Daily Herald:

Two days before SoxFest started, Williams pointed out Anderson’s skills. Maybe he’s hoping other teams read this quote:

“If Brian Anderson would have played every day last year, he would have hit about .275 and would have hit 25 home runs,” Williams said. “I don't think you can disagree with that.”

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 1, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)

Two days before SoxFest started, Williams pointed out Anderson’s skills. Maybe he’s hoping other teams read this quote:

“If Brian Anderson would have played every day last year, he would have hit about .275 and would have hit 25 home runs,” Williams said. “I don't think you can disagree with that.”

So... in other words, KW is counting on other teams' GMs reading the Daily Herald, eh?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 1, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)

Two questions I would've immediately asked Kenny after that statement:

If you really believe that was the case with Brian, why didn't he, um, play every day last year?

Also, if you really believe Brian could put up those kinda numbers, why did you trade for an old, washed up, 39-year old to play CF?