Season Ticket Upgrades

maki

I apologize, I went back 10 pages or so and saw no topics on the issue. I see they're taking deposits now, anyone know when present ticket holders can discuss upgrades? Both to better sections in the same class or to a new price level?

For 3 years I've been late to the party and I know it's cost me at least 4-5 rows or a section or 2.

Edited by maki

QUOTE (maki @ Nov 12, 2008 -> 11:15 AM)
I apologize, I went back 10 pages or so and saw no topics on the issue. I see they're taking deposits now, anyone know when present ticket holders can discuss upgrades? Both to better sections in the same class or to a new price level?

For 3 years I've been late to the party and I know it's cost me at least 4-5 rows or a section or 2.

Hound your rep. If upgrades are available, while they supposedly try to do it based on seniority, it really comes down to your rep.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 12, 2008 -> 10:34 AM)
Hound your rep. If upgrades are available, while they supposedly try to do it based on seniority, it really comes down to your rep.

yeah, that's my problem. my rep wasn't on the ball at all last year. I think the weekly emails will start today, then move to every 3 days as we get towards mid-late december.

I just talked with my rep yesterday about this (we ask every year to upgrade from 27 game plan to full season in our current location). Upgrades are expected to be done in December and/or January.

According to our new rep (Natalie), renewals are already at 92%, and that's just from the postseason ticket buyers. That number will go up with some who didn't do postseason but still may renew. Then they go into new plan requests. So basically, upgrades will be hard to come by this offseason.

But definitely contact your rep and see what you can do.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 12, 2008 -> 10:38 AM)
I just talked with my rep yesterday about this (we ask every year to upgrade from 27 game plan to full season in our current location). Upgrades are expected to be done in December and/or January.

According to our new rep (Natalie), renewals are already at 92%, and that's just from the postseason ticket buyers. That number will go up with some who didn't do postseason but still may renew. Then they go into new plan requests. So basically, upgrades will be hard to come by this offseason.

I think that's about the same rate they gave us last year, as well. We made a decent move last year but I think the lack of communication from our rep cost us at least a section. Of course we've got a new rep again. We shall see.

QUOTE (maki @ Nov 12, 2008 -> 10:47 AM)
I think that's about the same rate they gave us last year, as well. We made a decent move last year but I think the lack of communication from our rep cost us at least a section. Of course we've got a new rep again. We shall see.

I got the impression last year that renewals weren't that high, as evidenced by many upgrades granted. They look to be 95%-ish this year. But who knows.

Natalie is our new rep too-replacing Daniel who was pretty attentive.

I am guessing this year that I won't move up much at all since they made the playoffs, last year I made a nice move figuring retention wasn't great and some of the WS season ticket buyers canceled, also helped that I was willing to move to the RF line, seems 3B line is more popular.

Also as an FYI, I am currently unemployed so anyone interested in picking up a 15/20 game plan out of my season tickets PM me as I need to cut down expenses ASAP.

Cheers.

Not that it matters - because from the threat I'm sure everyone bought them - but if you didn't buy postseason you lost your seats so there won't be any additional renewals from those folks.

QUOTE (Steff @ Nov 12, 2008 -> 06:45 PM)
Not that it matters - because from the threat I'm sure everyone bought them - but if you didn't buy postseason you lost your seats so there won't be any additional renewals from those folks.

That was what I thought too. But the way my new rep described it, those folks would be at the front of the line AFTER those who bought postseasons. Of course, I guess that's not really a "renewal" per se.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 12, 2008 -> 06:54 PM)
That was what I thought too. But the way my new rep described it, those folks would be at the front of the line AFTER those who bought postseasons. Of course, I guess that's not really a "renewal" per se.

According to the letter with postseason invoices it was pretty clear that if you didn't buy you lost your seats. As well, there's a wait list for several club sections and several LD reserve sections so I'm sure those folks get first pick after renewals who want to upgrade get their shot.

• 3 weeks later...

so what do we think about the clubhouse sale/tag a seat next saturday? sox are telling people they can come down and view available season tickets and purchase them. are they not allowing present moves until after the 6th? so all potentially good upgrades might be snagged before we get a shot at them?

• 1 month later...

anyone ever hear back from a rep about upgrading for this year? apparently our regular emails/calls didn't help as we never received one response. I see you can get actual seats on TM now, so I'm assuming my window to do anything better on seats has closed. Anyone have any success? I would imagine the rhetoric about 95% renewal may have changed in the last month or two.

QUOTE (maki @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 10:44 AM)
anyone ever hear back from a rep about upgrading for this year? apparently our regular emails/calls didn't help as we never received one response. I see you can get actual seats on TM now, so I'm assuming my window to do anything better on seats has closed. Anyone have any success? I would imagine the rhetoric about 95% renewal may have changed in the last month or two.

My guy gave me the same response I have been getting for 3 years: cant move you anywhere.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
I pretty much got that response too. BS.

just looking today I saw partial seasons 3-4 sections closer than you could get very early last year, and 4-5 rows closer on all for lower box. there's no way all the new seats came from the few sections all the way down the line, some of them had to come from closer to the bags or inside the bags for full season ticket holders. where did all those seats go?