Swish Traded to the Yankees

Steve9347

More I think of it, the more I hate it... Swish was a solid OBP guy and the Sox are sorely lacking in that area. Now they only have Q and Thome who will more times than not give the lineup a solid AB taking a ton of pitches. Swish should have been hitting 1 or 2 all year, Ozzie didn't use him right. Hope KW has more up his sleeve (which I'm sure he does, I am going into 1st move of the post season panic mode) because starting Fields, Getz, and BA or GOD FORBID Owens doesn't quite do it for me

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 09:45 PM)
More I think of it, the more I hate it... Swish was a solid OBP guy and the Sox are sorely lacking in that area. Now they only have Q and Thome who will more times than not give the lineup a solid AB taking a ton of pitches. Swish should have been hitting 1 or 2 all year, Ozzie didn't use him right. Hope KW has more up his sleeve (which I'm sure he does, I am going into 1st move of the post season panic mode) because starting Fields, Getz, and BA or GOD FORBID Owens doesn't quite do it for me

I honestly think KW believes the window for this team to compete might be over, and that's why you hear names like Dye, Jenks, Swisher, and Konerko being thrown around.

Yeah, if we traded Swish for what looks to be a mediocre prospect then KW really f***ed up. We gave up 3 good looking young players for Swish. The money Swish is owed over the next couple years is not a bad thing considering Swish is still young and will most likely play better than last year. There better be more to this.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 02:39 PM)
Great, so we traded 3 of our top prospects for one year of terrible baseball and nothing in terms of prospects. This also means Konerko is going nowhere.

Yeah, this flat out sucks. It was bad enough we paid so highly for Swisher. Now we've ended up trading Sweeney, Gio and DeLosSantos for this guy?

Looks like Kenny screwed the pooch on Swisher both coming and going.

There'll be more to this surely.

You don't give up on a guy for just 1 minor league player.

And I don't really want Melky, he's regressed offensively.

My guess is there's more young pitching to be included in the deal.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
I honestly think KW believes the window for this team to compete might be over, and that's why you hear names like Dye, Jenks, Swisher, and Konerko being thrown around.

I highly doubt KW thinks this team needs to be torn apart. If he went into the 08 season thinking he could win the division after 07 there's no way in hell he's going to think different after we just won the division and had 4 young guys put up some very good numbers.

Edited by Whitewashed in '05

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 02:48 PM)
Like I always say to myself after KWs first move, lets let this play out and see what he is trying to do before we judge this move

I agree that KW has earned this, but if the Sox only got this one player than this is a bad move. In his first full 2 years he had an OPS+ of over 120 and he was bad with the Sox last year, but his OPS+ was still 92, below average, but not as horrible as everyone makes it out to be (granted he had a HUGE month that skews that). KW will make more moves, but this is selling low on a good player

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 02:48 PM)
There'll be more to this surely.

You don't give up on a guy for just 1 minor league player.

And I don't really want Melky, he's regressed offensively.

My guess is there's more young pitching to be included in the deal.

no way thats all we get for swish