Swish Traded to the Yankees

Steve9347

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)
The good news is that Betemit on a very similar offensive career path to Crede. In fact, his defense might be a bit better. The kid can handle every position on the field barring C, P, and CF.

Don't say that to Kalapse.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this is similar to the Carlos Lee deal. Sign Viciendo or Hudson or someone. Hopefully

A lot of our pitching staff is due to KW's eye for diamonds in the rough. Jenks, Floyd, Thornton come to mind immediately. All considered busts when KW got them.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 04:41 PM)
Could this be one of those moves that now we turn around and deal Fields, Betemit, and Marquez to Baltimore for Roberts??

The Sox would need to make acquisitions at 3B and CF still in that scenario.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 01:43 PM)
The Sox would need to make acquisitions at 3B and CF still in that scenario.

Do not count out Brian Anderson yet. KW has traded to open room for him before, and that was before he learned how to hit the occasional major league baseball.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 03:44 PM)
Do not count out Brian Anderson yet. KW has traded to open room for him before, and that was before he learned how to hit the occasional major league baseball.

I think you must have mistaken him for someone else since he still cannot get an occasional hit.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)
The good news is that Betemit on a very similar offensive career path to Crede. In fact, his defense might be a bit better. The kid can handle every position on the field barring C, P, and CF.

Wait... you aren't saying that Betemit would be better at 3B than Crede was in his 2nd year (equivalent to Betemit), are you?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 04:23 PM)
I know for a fact that 3 coaches absolutely hated Swisher and his act. I think I mentioned that a few weeks ago. One coach in particular.

Interesting. Never heard that. On one hand it surprises me...but in the overall picture...not really. I somewhat feel sorry for Swish...but he made his own bed. Still think it's a precurser to another deal.

Konerko, Thome or Dye all should have been traded instead of Swisher

Bulls***.

f*** Nick Swisher for once and for all. I didn't even realize this:

Nick Swisher in 2008 had the worst batting average among players with at least 502 plate appearances, the number needed to qualify for the batting title.

I guess we should also gives props to shipps and BearSox (although he called the deal bad more on what we gave up) for their original thoughts of the Swisher trade at the beginning.

Nick Swisher in 2008 had the worst batting average among players with at least 502 plate appearances, the number needed to qualify for the batting title.

Not only that, but he was 9 points worse than the next closest...

And White Sox fans never once booed the bastard. Think what Yankee fans will do to him!

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 04:50 PM)
Wait... you aren't saying that Betemit would be better at 3B than Crede was in his 2nd year (equivalent to Betemit), are you?

Nah, but i can see Betemit being a good deal better than Crede has been since his back troubles set in. Betemit will be more than tolerable, he won't be 2006 Crede certainly, but he'll be more than adequate assuming his bat kicks in.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 03:51 PM)
Bulls***.

f*** Nick Swisher for once and for all. I didn't even realize this:

I guess we should also gives props to shipps and BearSox (although he called the deal bad more on what we gave up) for their original thoughts of the Swisher trade at the beginning.

BA is a horrible stat to rate a players offensive production.

Not saying Swish lit the world on fire, but Swisher will never have a good BA, he's not that type of hitter.

BA is a horrible stat to rate a players offensive production.

Not saying Swish lit the world on fire, but Swisher will never have a good BA, he's not that type of hitter.

I agree about BA, but there's a difference between not having a good BA and being worst in the MLB by nearly 10 points.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 04:44 PM)

I don't consider BA anything more than a 4th OF at this stage. The Sox will need better offensive production in terms of BA at least from their CF next season, and I don't think BA fits the bill.