AAP: Jeff Marquez

Steve9347

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, a legitimate health update on Marquez and whether or not they did anything about those bone spurs in the offseason. Answer: they did!

Marquez is on the road to recovery after failing to earn a spot in the White Sox's bullpen, and then faltering immediately at Triple-A Charlotte and later undergoing surgery to repair bone chips in his right elbow.

"I'd feel (the irritation) some times, and then it would go away,'' Marquez said. "I just came to the conclusion that it was time to get it taken care of (last summer) and get ready for this year.''

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
Finally, a legitimate health update on Marquez and whether or not they did anything about those bone spurs in the offseason. Answer: they did!

I'll be interested to see what happens now with him. Not being able to get a sinker down means you are basically a BP pitcher. He was a pretty highly regarded prospect before this.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)
I'll be interested to see what happens now with him. Not being able to get a sinker down means you are basically a BP pitcher. He was a pretty highly regarded prospect before this.

And bone spurs in your elbow causing a pinch when you try to get on top of a pitch that is supposed to go downwards is the kind of thing that could make sure you can't get a sinker down.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
With our lack of pitching depth, if he has a good year he can easily be the #2 pitcher called up after Hudson... perhaps #3 if the sox like Torres alot as well.

Would you put Marquez before or after Hynick? Now, that Ely is gone i think it's pretty fair to say that it's Hudson, Torres, Hynick, then Marquez.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
Would you put Marquez before or after Hynick? Now, that Ely is gone i think it's pretty fair to say that it's Hudson, Torres, Hynick, then Marquez.

As of right now.. I agree 100% Hell at this point, I would put Wes Whisler over Marquez. I mean the guy was BRUTAL last season. But if he can have a good year, his potential is higher than Hynick and Torres. IF he can have a good year.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 03:05 PM)
With our lack of pitching depth, if he has a good year he can easily be the #2 pitcher called up after Hudson... perhaps #3 if the sox like Torres alot as well.

It could also make Hudson available for the right price in a big trade...

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)

If Shirek has a solid opening to 2010, you'll see him pass all but Hudson on that list in terms of the "stack" of next called up starters.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...