Stimulus Checks

Texsox

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you remember what you bought with your stimulus check?

• Yes sir, it's right here
    • No, I forgot
    • I didn't get one
    • I like warm socks fresh out of the dryer on a cold morning
  2. 2. Do you think it helped the economy?

• Yes
    • Yes, mine.
    • No
    • Burnt Orange

I don't really remember. I think I finished off a debt or something? Or maybe I just kept it in my account and spent it gradually. Either way I can't think of any one thing that I can point to and say "I bought that with my stimulus check"

Edited by lostfan

Basically paid for honeymoon trip, although probably would have taken it at the time anyway.

Yes, it "Helped" the economy relative to doing nothing. That is reflected in the 2nd quarter, non-negative GDP numbers. They probably would have been negative without that package.

However, if the question is...was this the single most effective stimulus method the government could have done? That's a different question, it's no longer relative to doing nothing, it's relative to every other potential stimulus method, and given the current situation, it's clearly not.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 12:21 PM)
cocaine and hookers

:lol: Sounds like you went on one hell of a bender...

Unfortunately, I'm sure there were people out there who used their stimulus checks for those exact things. As for me, I didn't get a stimulus check. But, I was visiting my friend in Ohio when he got his, so I convinced him to buy a new pair of Ray-Bans with some of it. He saved the rest.