Star Trek 11 Trailer Released

HuskyCaucasian

My thoughts:

It looks great, but I have to actively suppress the fact that it looks way more "techie" than the original series. And since it's before the original series, it's kinda odd. But I have to factor in that the original series was done in the late 60s when VFX sucked. If they could completely redo the original series, it would be bad ass. So, when I factor out TOS, it looks great.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 04:24 PM)
Great movie.

Its actually one of my favorites, the spoof on Star Trek is great, Tim Allen really did a great Shatner impersonation. And again, as annoying as Justin Long is, everytime he is on the screen he steals it.

I think the Star Trek reboot is going to be a good one, the preview looks pretty awesome.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 04:24 PM)
Great movie.

I don think it's great, but it's enjoyable. I have various classes of movie. One of them being "enjoyable", which means it's not bad enough for me to turn off if it's on TV, but not something I make a priority viewing or want to own.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 05:48 PM)
I think the Star Trek reboot is going to be a good one, the preview looks pretty awesome.

I think Star Trek would do a wonder of good to take about 5 years off. Chill out, then come back and do a series of movies. Ditch TV for right now. I think they could be a very successful movie franchise if they just chill out for a while.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 06:15 PM)
I think Star Trek would do a wonder of good to take about 5 years off. Chill out, then come back and do a series of movies. Ditch TV for right now. I think they could be a very successful movie franchise if they just chill out for a while.

As in no TV and no Movies for 5 years? No way, wouldnt happen.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 08:04 PM)
The last movie was in 2002, and Enterprise left the air in May of 2005. So there will have been roughly a 4 year gap by the time this movie comes out.

But not 5 years ;)

I think its pretty good that there will be 7 years between movies, and the movies will have no connection with each other.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 10:34 AM)
I think it looks aight, but I hate that they used "Sylar" from Heroes. The whole time I'm watching that trailer I'm thinking, "hey! it's that dude that plays Sylar.....he looks weird." That's going to ruin it for me. They should have found someone who isn't well known.

I dont think they could have used anyone else, Sylar is Spocks younger Twin, there is no way around that

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 10:39 AM)
I dont think they could have used anyone else, Sylar is Spocks younger Twin, there is no way around that

Well known? He's an actor in a show only some people watch, and as far as I know, didn't do much worth noting before that. I hadn't even heard of him.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 12:54 PM)
http://screenrant.com/images-star-trek-mov...tails-vic-4289/

A neat breakdown of new things in the movie seen in the trailer.

Very interesting. In regards to the 2001 Hallways, is it confirmed those are the hallways of the Enterprise? I think we can ASSUME they are, but not for sure.

Everything else is within tolerable limits to me. Although, the Enterprise being built on the ground is a little annoying. but once again, do we KNOW that is the Enterprise? (EDIT: the original trailer confirms it is the Enterprise)

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 12:01 PM)
Well known? He's an actor in a show only some people watch, and as far as I know, didn't do much worth noting before that. I hadn't even heard of him.

A show 16 million people used to watch weekly. Trekkie audience is a little older probably, but I bet a lot of them watch Heroes. Sci-fi related and all.