The Shield Finale

juddling

I know besides myself and AlphaDog there are many Shield fans here. The last episode is set for 90 minutes of (hopefully) "Holy Crap" moments next Tuesday.

For other Shield fans here....let's here for how you think it's all gonna end. Vic lives or dies??? Ronnie??? Claudette??? Shane and Mira???? not what you would like to see but what do you think will happen. There is still alot to wrap up in just 90 minutes. What are we gonna see??????

I read an interview with Shaun Ryan at the beginning of this season and he expressed how disappointed he was in the Sopranos finale. He guaranteed closure with Vic and the rest of the cast in his finale. I'm relieved to know that.

As far as my guesses, I have a feeling Ronnie will be the only one that "gets away"....whatever that means. I can see Vic's immunity being taken away somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if he wound up going to prison or if he gets killed by Shane or someone else from the Farmington police force. Maybe even by Julian. I don't see Shane getting away. He'll be killed off and Mara will probably go to prison. I could see Claudette finally losing it and being forced to step down or retire. As for Acevada, I wouldn't be surprised if he wound up unphased and eventually becoming mayor.

Edited by BigSqwert

After watching last night's episode....i think that Ronnie finds out (maybe through Claudette or Dutch) about Ronnie taking the deal and realized that Vic hosed him. I think that Vic and Ronnie catch up to Shane and in the ensuing chaos Vic takes out Shane and Ronnie turns on Vic. Mara goes to jail....Ronnie goes on the run...Claudette steps down cause of her disease...Dutch ends up shooting the kid he's been obsessing about (can't remember his name) and starts to date the mom.

In the back of my mind though...Tavon is still there. I don't think they brought him back just to confront Shane once and be done. Maybe Tavon will see Shane and be the one to take him out and Vic takes on Tavon.

After Vic dies....i think a will or letter will turn up for his ex-wife and he'll reveal he's hid away a bunch of money for the kids.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 04:43 PM)
It just sucks that I will have to wait until the weekend after Thanksgiving to watch it. Have family in town during the week and won't be able to watch it on Tuesday.

Well...at times like this...you have to ask yourself WWRD????

What Would Ronnie Do ????? LOL :lolhitting :headbang

Ronnie finds out somehow that Vic set himup, but the good cop part in him still wants to take the drug guy down, so he goes along for a bit, and somehow ends up shooting Vic. He then runs. i have talked at length with juddling about how I think Tavon is the one that eventually takes out Shane, but I think he also takes out Mara, as it is her that hit him to begin with. In fact, all theproblems they have stem from her. She stole the money train money from the locker to start them all down that road. Claudette has an episode and just up and dies, right after she sees Vic get shot, Dutch ends up the Captain somehow, and after Vic dies, I like Juddlings idea that the wife gets a note about some hidden money to take care of the kids, and Squirts idea about how Aceveda winds up.

of course, all hell can break loose and the secret service ends up taking out Vic, Shane and several others in what they think is a presidential assination.

QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 07:20 AM)
I can't wait.....90 minutes of vic Mackey goodness (badness). Bittersweet moment as it's all over tomorrow.

Discussion afterwards here??????

I'll be somewhere near the Ozarks when it airs, won't be able to see it until tomorrow morning. Having sis-in-law tape it for me and Mike since it will be on while we are driving. I stillthink there is an outside chance that the secret service blows them all away. You never know, it could happen.

For me, it's hard to grade the final show. Some parts were wrapped up nicely and some were left dangling.

The whole Shane/mara thing was pretty good though I never saw the murder/suicide coming. Question though....while she was on the toliet and Shane kept saying "You're perfect baby" was I the only one saying "Dammit man...she isn't perfect...she's the cause of all your f***in' problems!!!!!"

I really felt the whole Dutch storyline was mishandled. At least show Dutch breaking down the mama's boy into a confession. Unless I missed something, they implied they had him but I didn't see/hear anything incriminating.

Ronnie got hosed big time. I hated to see it but I understood it as I guess it was a way to show that Vic doesn't care about anyone. Though I thought when they were back at the Barn, Vic would tell Ronnie that something went wrong with their deals and to meet in Mexico. At least give Ronnie a running chance. When that didn't happen, I thought during Ronnie's outrage maybe he'd grab another cops gun and shoot at Vic. It was not to be.

Vic free but chained to a desk for the next three years??? Not sure I liked that ending but I guess maybe they were trying to show how Vic has no friends, a job he hates and no family. Personally...I was disappointed with the Vic's ending

QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 07:02 AM)

For me, it's hard to grade the final show. Some parts were wrapped up nicely and some were left dangling.

The whole Shane/mara thing was pretty good though I never saw the murder/suicide coming. Question though....while she was on the toliet and Shane kept saying "You're perfect baby" was I the only one saying "Dammit man...she isn't perfect...she's the cause of all your f***in' problems!!!!!"

I really felt the whole Dutch storyline was mishandled. At least show Dutch breaking down the mama's boy into a confession. Unless I missed something, they implied they had him but I didn't see/hear anything incriminating.

Ronnie got hosed big time. I hated to see it but I understood it as I guess it was a way to show that Vic doesn't care about anyone. Though I thought when they were back at the Barn, Vic would tell Ronnie that something went wrong with their deals and to meet in Mexico. At least give Ronnie a running chance. When that didn't happen, I thought during Ronnie's outrage maybe he'd grab another cops gun and shoot at Vic. It was not to be.

Vic free but chained to a desk for the next three years??? Not sure I liked that ending but I guess maybe they were trying to show how Vic has no friends, a job he hates and no family. Personally...I was disappointed with the Vic's ending

I was disappointed with it as well. For this show, some kind of "going down in a blaze of glory" would have been fitting. However, I think the writers took the "realistic" ending instead. It is oddly dissatisfying even though I know that's probably more likely than Ronnie, Vic, and Shane all shooting it out. I also thought there was surprisingly little action for a 90 minute series finale.

I honestly thought Vic might kill himself when he took his gun out at the end of the episode since he has no friends, no family, has screwed everyone in his life over, and couldn't do the stuff he really lived for in being out on the streets. I don't think that would have been a good ending either, but I thought that's what was going to happen.

QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 06:02 AM)

Wow did you misunderstand that entire story-arch. If it wasn't for Shane and all of his mess-ups, his wife is never put into that position.

QUOTE (CubKilla @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 07:16 PM)
Wow did you misunderstand that entire story-arch. If it wasn't for Shane and all of his mess-ups, his wife is never put into that position.

didn't mis-understand it at all..if Mara wouldn't have been a b-tch and listened when she was told not to touch the train money then most if not all of their troubles the last few seasons wouldn't have happened. I undertstand that Shane must have really loved her to not see the problems she caused but still....she started alot of crap that was unnecessary.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 04:43 AM)
I really liked the finale. I thought Vic really got in in the end. His family left him, he was humiliated at the barn and his life working on the streets was taken away. He has nothing left. Brilliant.

i think he's still fine. Didn't the very end imply that he would be moonlighting. Unless he took that gun out to shoot himself, but I think he's smarter than that. Vic is the man.