Crisp to the Royals

fathom

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 10:33 AM)
Sox could still target DeJesus. I don't think the Royals will move him but there is obviously a good rappore as the Sox and Royals have made numerous deal in recent years.

REPOIRE Rally McBoone/Dougal. LOL.

I think some money must have changed hands from the Red Sox to the Royals...we'll find out later I guess.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 10:34 AM)
REPOIRE Rally McBoone/Dougal. LOL.

I think some money must have changed hands from the Red Sox to the Royals...we'll find out later I guess.

I hope you aren't correcting his spelling. It's "rapport."

QUOTE (G&T @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 09:37 AM)
I hope you aren't correcting his spelling. It's "rapport."

1. repoire 11 up, 15 down

Stupid people use this word when they mean "rapport".

". . . Given our 'repoire' I know your intention in saying it was not to make me laugh."

So much for my University of Iowa education and six years of teaching. I should have gone to Northwestern, lol.

This ranks up there with uncharted/unchartered waters I think.

mlbtraderumors.com (By the way, Jenksy market just shrunk a little more. Valverde and Wigginton were put on the market by the 'Stros.)

8:48am: According to Brian McRae reporting for Sports Radio 810 in Kansas City, the Royals acquired Coco Crisp from the Red Sox for reliever Ramon Ramirez. I emailed McRae to confirm, and he said, "It's a done deal." The Royals get speed and a capable center fielder, while the Red Sox receive a quality late-game reliever.

Crisp, 29, hit .283/.344/.407 in 409 plate appearances this year. His center field defense saved 26 bases over the average last year, but was two below this year (he did battle groin, hamstring, knee, and foot issues). Crisp will earn $5.75MM in '09 and has an $8MM club option with a $500K buyout for '10.

The Red Sox trim payroll here, as Ramirez is not yet arbitration-eligible. He will not reach free agency until after the 2012 season, so the Red Sox impressively acquired four years of his services. The 27 year-old posted a 2.64 ERA in 71.2 innings this year while whiffing 70. The Royals might have to add a reliever to compensate for his absence. They're also a bit heavy on outfielders at this point.

HEY, we can trade them Boone Logan for Justin Gathright and all of our CF problems are solved...lol. That would be like having Carl Lewis play CF. Cool!

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 09:43 AM)
1. repoire 11 up, 15 down

Stupid people use this word when they mean "rapport".

". . . Given our 'repoire' I know your intention in saying it was not to make me laugh."

So much for my University of Iowa education and six years of teaching. I should have gone to Northwestern, lol.

This ranks up there with uncharted/unchartered waters I think.

mlbtraderumors.com (By the way, Jenksy market just shrunk a little more. Valverde and Wigginton were put on the market by the 'Stros.)

8:48am: According to Brian McRae reporting for Sports Radio 810 in Kansas City, the Royals acquired Coco Crisp from the Red Sox for reliever Ramon Ramirez. I emailed McRae to confirm, and he said, "It's a done deal." The Royals get speed and a capable center fielder, while the Red Sox receive a quality late-game reliever.

Crisp, 29, hit .283/.344/.407 in 409 plate appearances this year. His center field defense saved 26 bases over the average last year, but was two below this year (he did battle groin, hamstring, knee, and foot issues). Crisp will earn $5.75MM in '09 and has an $8MM club option with a $500K buyout for '10.

The Red Sox trim payroll here, as Ramirez is not yet arbitration-eligible. He will not reach free agency until after the 2012 season, so the Red Sox impressively acquired four years of his services. The 27 year-old posted a 2.64 ERA in 71.2 innings this year while whiffing 70. The Royals might have to add a reliever to compensate for his absence. They're also a bit heavy on outfielders at this point.

HEY, we can trade them Boone Logan for Justin Gathright and all of our CF problems are solved...lol. That would be like having Carl Lewis play CF. Cool!

I think you mean Joey Gathright.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 10:01 AM)
Wow, the Royals are really good at making moves that force them to make other moves. A name change, perhaps? Kansas City Logjams?

Maybe they'll now give us Billy Butler, who will make up for our losing out on Viciedo.

Immobile but the potential to rake.

I still think DeJesus, Teahen and Gathright are likely casualties. The problem is that Guillen is really a DH, masquerading as a RFer. I do think that things are really changing economically in baseball when the Royals can afford to take on Meche, Guillen and now Crisp with the downturn we're in. And the Red Sox are the ones shedding salary here.

Maybe Maier in LF/CF.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 12:20 PM)
Maybe they'll now give us Billy Butler, who will make up for our losing out on Viciedo.

Immobile but the potential to rake.

I still think DeJesus, Teahen and Gathright are likely casualties. The problem is that Guillen is really a DH, masquerading as a RFer. I do think that things are really changing economically in baseball when the Royals can afford to take on Meche, Guillen and now Crisp with the downturn we're in. And the Red Sox are the ones shedding salary here.

Maybe Maier in LF/CF.

Wait, did he sign with someone?

Sox could be after DeJesus right now, as that leadoff option who could play CF.

What's he like defensively in CF again?

Think the Red Sox have done pretty well here.

Don't really get what Moore is trying to achieve but acquiring all of these hitters, but maybe he has some sort of plan.

But the Royals is much weaker right now than what it was in 2008, and that should be a big concern for them.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 12:03 PM)
Assuming a deal doesn't go through, where we get a name Cf with decent speed, i have Anderson slotted in as our leadoff man next year.

You go with your bad self

And that aint happenin'

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 01:09 PM)
You go with your bad self

And that aint happenin'

I know i don't like it much either, but it's totally an Ozzie thing to do. Assuming we've got the guys we've got now. I'm seeing

BA

AJ

Q

Dye

Thome

Konerko

Ramirez

Fields

Nix

Logically, it's a bad move. BA and Aj are not top of the order hitters, but who else goes up there? Ramirez, maybe, but Ozzie seems to like him down. I think we'd be forcing his hand here.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 12:13 PM)
I know i don't like it much either, but it's totally an Ozzie thing to do. Assuming we've got the guys we've got now. I'm seeing

BA

AJ

Q

Dye

Thome

Konerko

Ramirez

Fields

Nix

Logically, it's a bad move. BA and Aj are not top of the order hitters, but who else goes up there? Ramirez, maybe, but Ozzie seems to like him down. I think we'd be forcing his hand here.

Im sorry, that is the Anti-Ozzie thing to do. Ozzie has a thing for BA on the bench, thats about all.

I've actually read where DeJesus was not that good defensively in CF, hence the move for Crisp, who is better.

I also see them dealing players like Teahen and Shealy before they deal DeJesus and Butler. I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Jose Guillen traded though either.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 11:18 AM)
Sox could be after DeJesus right now, as that leadoff option who could play CF.

What's he like defensively in CF again?

Think the Red Sox have done pretty well here.

Don't really get what Moore is trying to achieve but acquiring all of these hitters, but maybe he has some sort of plan.

But the Royals is much weaker right now than what it was in 2008, and that should be a big concern for them.

The Royals have been rumored to be suitors for Furcal for a while now. If they get him, then can run out this team:

Lineup:

Furcal SS

Aviles 2B

DeJesus LF

Guillen RF

Jacobs 1B

Butler/Kila Ka'al'a'alala'mala'alla'na'al'alla'hue DH

Gordon 3B

Olivo C

Crisp CF

Rotation: Greinke-Meche-Bannister-Davies-Hochevar with other names possibly in the mix, including Cortes

The Royals hurt their bullpen by dealing for Crisp and Jacobs, but they're usually a team that looks to pick up rebounding relievers and deal them around the break for prospects/projects. I could see the Royals looking at one of the injured starters like Freddy and Bartolo plus a couple of the former closers like Cordero as one year reclamation projects.

In all they will continue building something resembling a Major League baseball team. As we know, all it takes is a few well-timed break-out years for them to be legit contenders. If Kyle Davies and a couple of Gordon/Butler/Kila reach their potential then the Royals will be in the thick of the race IMO.

I still expect them to at some point begin trading their prospects for young MLB-proven talent. The only possible untouchables IMO would be Moustakas, who beat the s*** out of the ball in Burlington last year, and our former prospect Daniel Cortes who could be ready as soon as this year. I was actually kind of surprised to not see them in on Matt Holliday. The Royals were my dark horse there.