Yankees to chase AJ Burnett

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 11:58 AM)
No Cy Young awards, not getting to 300 wins despite playing for the team spending by far the most money to build a dominant offense over the last decade, only 1 20 win season (this year) on his resume.

I think he still misses. It's the hall of fame, not the hall of very good.

In name only. It's definitely the hall of very good, judging by a lot of its members. He can definitely get in.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 10:58 AM)
No Cy Young awards, not getting to 300 wins despite playing for the team spending by far the most money to build a dominant offense over the last decade, only 1 20 win season (this year) on his resume.

I think he still misses. It's the hall of fame, not the hall of very good.

Only 20 other pitchers in major-league history have finished 100 or more games over .500. Sixteen are in the Hall of Fame, and the other four — Roger Clemens, Pedro Martinez, Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine — are not yet eligible.

I dont know about Mussina, i tend to think he just misses. The way I look at it, is if I were to think about the past 15 years and was asked to name the game's best pitchers, would Mussina come out of my mouth? I dont think it would.

As someone said earlier, it's the hall of fame, not the hall of very good

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 12:48 PM)
I dont know about Mussina, i tend to think he just misses. The way I look at it, is if I were to think about the past 15 years and was asked to name the game's best pitchers, would Mussina come out of my mouth? I dont think it would.

As someone said earlier, it's the hall of fame, not the hall of very good

And as I said, no, it really isn't.

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 12:24 PM)
Agreed... he's not a first ballot, but he'll get in.

You also have to consider that he is a very well-liked player and that he was a part of the historic Yankees. I think he's definitely going to get in when you consider those things, plus his numbers.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 02:42 PM)
You also have to consider that he is a very well-liked player and that he was a part of the historic Yankees. I think he's definitely going to get in when you consider those things, plus his numbers.

Plus he went to Stanford and can do the NY Times Sunday Crossword Puzzle.

Some guy in Newsday wrote an article yesterday or today complaining why Sabathia hadn't signed for the Yankees yet, when they made him the biggest offer.

Guess people in New York still haven't realized that money isn't everything, and that they can't always try to buy talent.