Al Sharpton, before and after Obama

EvilMonkey

Before Obama, Al was pretty vocal against blacks in power, especially Colin Powell and Condi Rice.Al got this question at a speech at Tennessee State University in Nashville:

"Rev. Al Sharpton, Do you believe that political leaders such as Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell are viewed as "house negroes" by other African Americans, by going along with the President against their beliefs?"

Here was his response then:

NOW, after Obama, Al Sharpton is outraged that Al-Qaeda would dare call Barack Obama or anyone a "house negro":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3U2IZfxCV0

Another case of do as I say, not as I do.

My only hope in an Obama victory was that the professional race-baiters like Al and jessie would go away. I wonder how long until they petition congress and Obama for a bailout?

People like Sharpton and Jesse Jackson lost a lot of the ground they tend to stand on with Obama's election in my opinion. It's hard to play the "we're oppressed" card when somebody like Obama is running the free world. There are a lot of people who do good things for the down trodden, including in poor communites with a lot of african americans, that I have a lot of respect for (community organizers for instance), but I've never been a fan of Sharpton and Jackson's antics.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 01:21 PM)
Before Obama, Al was pretty vocal against blacks in power, especially Colin Powell and Condi Rice.Al got this question at a speech at Tennessee State University in Nashville:

"Rev. Al Sharpton, Do you believe that political leaders such as Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell are viewed as "house negroes" by other African Americans, by going along with the President against their beliefs?"

Here was his response then:

NOW, after Obama, Al Sharpton is outraged that Al-Qaeda would dare call Barack Obama or anyone a "house negro":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3U2IZfxCV0

Another case of do as I say, not as I do.

My only hope in an Obama victory was that the professional race-baiters like Al and jessie would go away. I wonder how long until they petition congress and Obama for a bailout?

AD, why do you waste your time on Al Sharpton? I didn't realize you were a fan.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 01:26 PM)
AD, why do you waste your time on Al Sharpton? I didn't realize you were a fan.

Oh no, not a fan in any way. I despise him and what he does. I just ran across that this morning somewhere else and found it humorous.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 01:55 PM)
Well, I guess Sharpton 'changed' his mind about the use of 'house negro'.

And some people, evidently you, will be unhappy and disappointed with Sharpton's toned down, less radical rhetoric.

I like it.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 02:09 PM)
And some people, evidently you, will be unhappy and disappointed with Sharpton's toned down, less radical rhetoric.

I like it.

And when Michael Steele becomes head of the RNC and Sharpton or Jessie refers to HIM as a 'house negro' or an 'uncle Tom', what then? I just want consistency. If this 'toned down' Al is the future, great! That puts his fearmongering side out of commission. I want to see him then continue with this new approach when Steele does something he doesn't approve of.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 02:16 PM)
And when Michael Steele becomes head of the RNC and Sharpton or Jessie refers to HIM as a 'house negro' or an 'uncle Tom', what then? I just want consistency. If this 'toned down' Al is the future, great! That puts his fearmongering side out of commission. I want to see him then continue with this new approach when Steele does something he doesn't approve of.

Then if you want consistency, then you wanted the Uncle Tom and House n***** talk to continue?

If the new behavior is to continue, then it should be applauded, not jeered and criticized. But right now you are basically pointing to a good thing and trying to make it look bad.

So I go back to my statement that a toned down Al Sharpton will make some people unhappy. It takes away a target for their attacks.

So no you really don't want it to continue. You want him to revive it so you can call him a hypocrite and post ten links. :cheers

QUOTE (Texsox @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 02:27 PM)
Then if you want consistency, then you wanted the Uncle Tom and House n***** talk to continue?

If the new behavior is to continue, then it should be applauded, not jeered and criticized. But right now you are basically pointing to a good thing and trying to make it look bad.

So I go back to my statement that a toned down Al Sharpton will make some people unhappy. It takes away a target for their attacks.

So no you really don't want it to continue. You want him to revive it so you can call him a hypocrite and post ten links. :cheers

NO, ideally I would like for him to dosappear. If it continues, then that is likely to happen. I am just putting this out there. Is he really a changed man? If so, that would be a good thing. If he is just doing this because now the 'house negro' is one of his own, then he is a hypocrite. Which is it? That's all I want to know. His behavior now is new territory. We all know his history, now we see the current. Where will the future be? Hopefully off of cable news shows and out of the newspapers.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 02:34 PM)
NO, ideally I would like for him to dosappear. If it continues, then that is likely to happen. I am just putting this out there. Is he really a changed man? If so, that would be a good thing. If he is just doing this because now the 'house negro' is one of his own, then he is a hypocrite. Which is it? That's all I want to know. His behavior now is new territory. We all know his history, now we see the current. Where will the future be? Hopefully off of cable news shows and out of the newspapers.

Hopefully he's there for you to complain about for a long time. :lol:

Remember one man's hypocrite is another man's repentant.