It's confirmed: ChiSox signed Viciedo despite a better offer

caulfield12

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ Nov 23, 2008 -> 11:27 PM)
You barely got any of those countries of origin correct. Contreras and El Duque are from Cuba, as are Viciedo and Ramirez. Ordonez is from Venezuela and Loaiza is from Mexico. Check your facts.

Ummmmm...where did I say the weren't from CUBA? I listed a majority of the foreign-born players we've had in the last 10-15 years.

I know Loaiza is from Mexico...I saw him pitching in Mexico, in fact. I also met him when I worked for the Pirates....one of my friends (pitcher Francisco Garcia-Luna, formerly of Mexico City Rojos, is connected to him as well).

Ordonez and Guillen are Venezuelans. Carlos Lee is Panamanian. I've also been to Panama and lived there in Colombia for one year, I even talked to Edgar Renteria's brother (remember him?) about working together on a baseball camp in Cartagena and/or Barranquilla, home also of Shakira the singer.

I don't see anywhere where I said they were or weren't Cubanos. Try reading again please!!! Okay, I see I accidentally typed (PR) next to Loaiza...because I was thinking of Ivan Calderon or the Alomar brothers at the time I guess.

Next time I will try to have an interactive spreadsheet with a map and "Where's Waldo?" flags popping up with Sox player locations around the world. Or not.

Edited by caulfield12