Sabathia now in talks with Angels

GreatScott82

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 11:26 AM)
That rotation would be sick, but I'd assume that leaves very little money to resign that fairly important 1b bat and that moderately important closer they have.

Yea.. im guessing K-Rod goes to the Mets and Texiera signs something ridiculous with the Nats. Who knows how they will fill those holes.. probably through trades....

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 09:49 AM)
Yea.. im guessing K-Rod goes to the Mets and Texiera signs something ridiculous with the Nats. Who knows how they will fill those holes.. probably through trades....

Well, I could imagine they'd probably wind up going with Morales at 1b...but then, aside from Guerrero, that's not a very strong lineup, especially come playoff time. Hunter, Vlad, Matthews Jr., Rivera, Morales, Kendrick, Mathis/Napoli, Figgins, Aybar/Wood. They're right back to lacking power.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 11:49 AM)

Well my guess is if they don't resign K-Rod they would try Arredondo in the closer role.

This is assuming they don't make a trade.

No idea what they would do at first base, maybe use Morales I suppose.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
I got news for you...the Angels could probably afford both Tex and Sabathia. They'll jump on Sabathia and than see what ends up going on with Tex and decide whether they'll get him or not.

The Angels are going to be set up for awhile if they sign CC. Him, Lackey, Santana, Saunders and Weaver, that is the best 1-5 rotation in baseball. They get an Ace with CC and then have three #2s with Lackey, Santana and Saunders. And Weaver is going to continue to get better. Plus, they always have a solid farm system.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 04:28 PM)
The Angels are going to be set up for awhile if they sign CC. Him, Lackey, Santana, Saunders and Weaver, that is the best 1-5 rotation in baseball. They get an Ace with CC and then have three #2s with Lackey, Santana and Saunders. And Weaver is going to continue to get better. Plus, they always have a solid farm system.

It doesnt get much better than that. Perhaps a Sabathia, Buerhle, Danks, Floyd, Poreda would be? Okay i just woke up from my dream :)