Chicago's Finest Urban Legends

Heads22

....and of course there's the ghost story that every city has about some woman whose kids were killed 150 years ago yet somehow every once in a while people still see her looking for her kids. She usually shows up in a cemetery or out in the woods somewhere. Sometimes she shows up in people's bathroom mirrors late at night when they get up to use the bathroom.

Sleep tight kiddies.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 27, 2008 -> 08:57 AM)
I cant remember the city, but there is a northwest suburb with a haunted shoe factory. I want to say Roselle

Yeah I heard about that one....Its the ghost of Bigfoot.

:P :lol: Iam sorry kyyle I just cant resist,you know I love ya though.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 27, 2008 -> 09:11 AM)
Yeah I heard about that one....Its the ghost of Bigfoot.

:P :lol: Iam sorry kyyle I just cant resist,you know I love ya though.

pffffftwhatevs

Well, there is the rumor of the cougar in Chicago

Oh wait.....

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Nov 27, 2008 -> 11:04 AM)
i think the shoe factory legend is out in Schaumburg/Barrington area.. there is a street called Shoe Factory Road.

to steal a "legend" from a movie... there's always Candyman.

I know that road, I live right by it, but I am pretty sure the story is from a different town. I have seen the building, its pretty creepy

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 27, 2008 -> 12:10 PM)
I remember when I was a kid people used to think the ovaltine factory in Villa Park was haunted.

You know, that might be what I am thinking about. Does the building have a large rectangular "tower" that rises above the actual factory?

Bachelors Grove in Midlothian is said to be haunted with the ghosts of gangster victims that Capone's people dumped into the small lake on the property.

And while I haven't seen anything supernatural driving west on Route 83 in Palos Park, if there's any stretch of road that you would expect a ghost it's over there. I haven't driven through the area in awhile but I recall a good three/four makeshift crosses set up on the side to mark where someone had died. It's just something to think about when you're traveling down this two lane road, alongside a forest with absolutely no street lights, where people routinely drive above 70mph.

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 27, 2008 -> 06:25 PM)
You'd think that there'd be more ghosts on the Dan Ryan, then.

It's more the atmosphere than anything else. Of course, with a lot of ghosts stories (such as Resurrection Mary) people claim the presence of street lights somehow lessens accounts of ghosts.