Chicago's Finest Urban Legends

Heads22

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Nov 27, 2008 -> 07:53 PM)
It's more the atmosphere than anything else. Of course, with a lot of ghosts stories (such as Resurrection Mary) people claim the presence of street lights somehow lessens accounts of ghosts.

Isn't there a theory that ghosts take energy from electricity so as to take a more tangible form? I’m still somewhat skeptical over the whole ghost scene, but that’s as good a theory as ever. I suppose the lack of lights does contribute to the atmosphere, as you said.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 27, 2008 -> 12:25 PM)
You know, that might be what I am thinking about. Does the building have a large rectangular "tower" that rises above the actual factory?

Ya, its condos now though. I remember hearing also thats where they filmed a lot of the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 27, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
Isn't there a theory that ghosts take energy from electricity so as to take a more tangible form? I’m still somewhat skeptical over the whole ghost scene, but that’s as good a theory as ever. I suppose the lack of lights does contribute to the atmosphere, as you said.

It usually has a lot to do with ghost stories. Hull House in Chicago is believed to be haunted, and you wouldn't have the same fear (if you happened to believe in ghosts) walking by it today. It's practically attached to UIC's student center off Harrison street with street lights illuminating the area and students walking by constantly. It'd be a lot different it was perched atop a hill by itself in the countryside.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 27, 2008 -> 08:07 PM)
I remember hearing also thats where they filmed a lot of the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

That is an urban legend. The film was shot mostly in Munich, and the factory exterior shots were actually of the Munich Gaswerks. The closing sequence aerials were in over an Alpine Bavarian village.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

Here's a link about Bachelor's Grove.

This paragraph comes from near the bottom of the page:

It is along this deserted road where other strange tales of the cemetery take place. One of these odd occurrences is the sighting of the "phantom farm house". It has been seen appearing and disappearing along the trail for several decades now. The most credible thing about many of the accounts is that they come from people who originally had no idea that the house shouldn’t be there at all.

This is the honest truth, but I have seen that phantom farm house.