Iggy's off to play army...

Iguana

i am shipping out for Army basic for the National Guard next week and will be at Ft. Sill, OK. till mid October. hopefully by then, they sox will be in the playoffs. lol. When i get back, I am going to try to get in to flight school and fly helicopters for the Guard. That would kick butt!

Thats awesome Iggy. I wish you the best of luck. Using the military to get into flight school is about the best way I know, especially if eventually you want to become an airline pilot. Its about the only way to log the necessary hours and the government pays you to do it.

Thats awesome Iggy.  I wish you the best of luck.  Using the military to get into flight school is about the best way I know, especially if eventually you want to become an airline pilot.  Its about the only way to log the necessary hours and the government pays you to do it.

That's what i was thinking. it is expensive as hell to pay for helicopter lessons...somewhere in the 200+ range an hour.

i am shipping out for Army basic for the National Guard next week and will be at Ft. Sill, OK. till mid October. hopefully by then, they sox will be in the playoffs. lol. When i get back, I am going to try to get in to flight school and fly helicopters for the Guard. That would kick butt!

Alright..that's cool dude..and when you get back you can take all of us on a helicopter ride :headbang

That would be cool to tell a chick on a first date or something..."So,what would you like to do today??? bowling and a couple hotdogs, or would you like to fly over the Chicago skyline on my chopper???" :D :headbang

GOOD f***ING DEAL!!!! Glad to hear you are becomming one of us. Best of luck at Basic & dont let those drill sergeants get on your ass too much.

By the way hello everyone. Same ol s*** different day over here. Hot as f***. Oh f***ing well. I see the Sox and Burhle are coming around!! GOOD f***ING DEAL!!! BOUT DAMN TIME!!!

L8ER EVERYONE

GOOD f***ING DEAL!!!! Glad to hear you are becomming one of us.  Best of luck at Basic & dont let those drill sergeants get on your ass too much. 

Yea, after 24 years, i thought i'd do something for my country last winter. i'll be going in at 25 and prolly be one of if not the oldest guy there. lol. oh well. better late than never. but i did get my degree so i will be able to go through OCS in april....then it is off to flight school....hopefully! :headbang :headbang :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1
GOOD f***ING DEAL!!!! Glad to hear you are becomming one of us.  Best of luck at Basic & dont let those drill sergeants get on your ass too much. 

Yea, after 24 years, i thought i'd do something for my country last winter. i'll be going in at 25 and prolly be one of if not the oldest guy there. lol. oh well. better late than never. but i did get my degree so i will be able to go through OCS in april....then it is off to flight school....hopefully! :headbang :headbang :headbang

flight school... you should have went into the air force instead...... :D