Plaxico Burress accidentally shoots himself in the leg

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3733021

New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress suffered an accidental gunshot wound Friday night in a club, according to multiple sources.

Details of the incident weren't immediately available, but according to a source the wound was not considered life-threatening

:o

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 29, 2008 -> 12:46 PM)
This is hilarious and sad at the same time. Why are you carrying a loaded gun Plax? It amazes me how stupid multimillion dollar athletes are. Just don't carry a gun, wow, is that so hard.

I understand him carrying a gun. But keep the safety on.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 29, 2008 -> 11:46 AM)
This is hilarious and sad at the same time. Why are you carrying a loaded gun Plax? It amazes me how stupid multimillion dollar athletes are. Just don't carry a gun, wow, is that so hard.

We have to stop expecting them to be more intelligent. In most of these cases, these are guys who have always been incredibly athletic and talented, and likely were given passes throughout their time in school because of it. They're not smart because there is no need for them to be. This is where we get all of the Pacmans.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 29, 2008 -> 07:07 PM)
My question is will Goodell be all over this?

if there is any police involvement, yeah. Other than that, I dont see any reason he can suspend him. I dont think he can suspend him for being a dumbass, but carrying a concealed unlicensed weapon could be a different story.

Whoa Nellie, looks like Plax AND teammate Antonio Pierce could be facing some serious charges, so Roger Goodell may be getting involved after all

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/20...in-trouble.html

Plaxico Burress isn’t the only one in trouble after Friday night’s shooting. Antonio Pierce is in hot water, too.

Pierce was not only with Burress when the receiver shot himself in the right thigh at a Manhattan night club Friday night, he apparently tried to hide the gun after the incident, the Daily News has learned. In fact, Pierce’s attorney was frantically trying to save him from criminal charges late last night, the News is reporting.

Burress, meanwhile, is expected to be arrested on felony weapons charges sometime in the next few days, according to sources. He could face up to five years in prison if he’s eventually convicted. Carrying an illegal, concealed weapon in New York also carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 3 ½ years.

For the full story, you’re going to want to click right here and read the best and most comprehensive account of the Friday night shooting and its ramifications, as put together by Team Daily News.

Our reporting confirms a lot of what I told you earlier, with some new and very surprising details. Here are a couple of the latest gems:

• Burress was drinking at the nightclub, and the gun apparently slipped down his pants leg and went off accidentally. He apparently does not have a permit to carry a concealed weapon in New York. He had a license in Florida, but that expired in May and wouldn’t have been recognized here anyway.

• Burress told Pierce (and others at the club) not to call 911 after he was shot, and he didn’t go to the hospital for two hours, until 2 a.m. when his wife, Tiffany, and a friend finally took him to New York-Presbyterian Hospital.

• Pierce agreed to cooperate with police if they agreed not to immediately charge him with a crime. Cops are still planning to get a warrant to search Pierce’s car.

Despite his role in the incident, Pierce will apparently start and play in today’s game against the Washington Redskins. He made the trip with the team on Saturday and according to a team spokesman he was at the team hotel. The spokesman also said that no suspensions or benchings were planned as a result of the Burress shooting.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 09:28 AM)
I think this could spell the end of the road for Plax. The Giants are fine without him, and I don't see another team wanting to add that head case. He's not as good as TO, who is about the only person who gets away with goofy antics.

If Pacman can get 15 chances, Im sure Plaxico can get 10 chances

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 09:56 AM)
If we didn't trade for Roy Williams, I'd say Jerry Jones would be all over Burress.

My guess is, Plaxico ends up in Tampa Bay under Jon Gruden.

I dont know, I think Gruden had his fill with MeShawn

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 11:03 AM)
I dont know, I think Gruden had his fill with MeShawn

Gruden's taken on a lot of troubled players over his time though e.g Antonio Bryant for one.

I think if anyone could control him, Gruden probably could, and they'll need a replacement for Joey Galloway in the off-season.

I wonder if the Bears would look at Burress possibly?