well we can guess which one takes cf next season.......

Guest hotsoxchick1

Guest hotsoxchick1

saw this through the grape vine... interesting huh........

CF Aaron Rowand might not be ready for spring training after breaking his left shoulder blade and two ribs in a dirt bike accident near his home in Las Vegas. Rowand is expected to start. If he's not fully recovered from surgery, Joe Borchard and Willie Harris will compete for the job. . . .

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

saw this through the grape vine... interesting huh........

CF Aaron Rowand might not be ready for spring training after breaking his left shoulder blade and two ribs in a dirt bike accident near his home in Las Vegas. Rowand is expected to start. If he's not fully recovered from surgery, Joe Borchard and Willie Harris will compete for the job. . . . 

The way this f***ed up organazation operates,I wouldn't be surprised to see them re-sign Lofton......NOT!!!!!:mad:

They will probably make a push at someone like Orlando Palmerio, Alex Ochoa or Todd Hollandsworth as a backup plan, but don't expect that to happen until January.

The Sox will sit back and be patient. This isn't a big spending time so they should be able to pick up a couple quality roll players for cheap.

Guest hotsoxchick1

wake up jas.. it aint going to happen.. kw has already said he likes the fact of these guys growing together and hes not going to mess with it.. he also stated he doesnt like having the vets around.... plain and simple we just arent going to get any big names here .... not while hes in charge.........we will be stuck with giving up the big name guys for prospects ........

Trust me, Todd Hollandsworth and Alex Ochoa aren't big names.

I think its great that Willie Harris and/or Joe Borchard will get time in center, but me, I'm more concerned with left field if Lee goes somewhere.

Liefer doesn't do it for me. I liked him in the past, but man did he suck last year. I expected to at least see some power develop late in the year as he played longer, but I saw none of it.

Guest hotsoxchick1

we can always move maggs over.... he did play lf in winter ball for a while...and then put leif or borchard in either rf or cf which ever pans out better in those spots......

I say Webster is still 2 years away if he keeps it up. The guy is a stud athelete so he'll be on the fast track. Reed, I give him at least another year. Since he played 4 years of college ball he should play AA this season and I think they'll consider the straight jump to the majors if he plays great this year.

Guest hotsoxchick1

are we talking about the same white sox here... no one gets a straight jump up to the majors......dont expect to see either one anytime soon.... going to be at least 4 years before we do.. theres alot better we have to get through first........

Guest hotsoxchick1

no his bat aint all that great .. but honestly whos is at that level....not many.....his defense is pretty decient though... and he definately has ray rays wings when it comes to speed.........

From what I hear he's faster then Ray!!!

Of course no one can touch second baseman's Willie Harris and Edwin Yan when it comes to speed.

Yan is my sleeper pick for a stud second baseman and is one of my favorite prospects. He just needs to develop more into a slap hitter and hit less fly balls.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

From what I hear he's faster then Ray!!!

Of course no one can touch second baseman's Willie Harris and Edwin Yan when it comes to speed.

Yan is my sleeper pick for a stud second baseman and is one of my favorite prospects.  He just needs to develop more into a slap hitter and hit less fly balls.

About Yan...from what your description of him, it sounds like he may be like Luis Rivas....because that is what my dad was b****ing about all last year was how Rivas always hit it in the air and should be more like Cristian Guzman, who constantly is hitting it on the ground unless he gets a pitch he can handle....you want him to be like Luis Castillo...I think I've read that somewhere along the line.

Faster than Ray? Does he generate as much power as his brother?

Yep, thats me who compares him to Luis Castillo. I really think he can turn into just that.

As far as Chad goes, he doesn't have much pop in his bat, but he doesn't swing for the fences every time like Ray did.

I don't consider Chad much of a prospect, but thats just me. I see him more as a utility player.