The Baseball Cube

BearSox

I was looking at some stats, and when I went to the baseball cube, I noticed the hole site was updated. I was liked it because it had all their stats dating back to college, as well as all their transactions, injury history, etc. Now, they have also included a picture of the player (if you are like me and ever wonder what some minor leaguers you've never seen look like), and a scouting report where they judge a players abilities on a scale from 1-100 using stats.

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up!

www.thebaseballcube.com

Edited by BearSox

Kind of interesting....I took Taveras, Owens, Anderson, and Baldelli and compared them.

Taveras 8 (power), 98 (speed), 56 (contact), 27 (patience)

Owens 9, 95, 71, 50

Anderson 85, 60, 31, 49

Baldelli 76, 80, 36, 9

According to that, Owens would be the best leadoff hitter. Who knows, maybe KW will agree with Baseball Cube.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 07:55 PM)
Kind of interesting....I took Taveras, Owens, Anderson, and Baldelli and compared them.

Taveras 8 (power), 98 (speed), 56 (contact), 27 (patience)

Owens 9, 95, 71, 50

Anderson 85, 60, 31, 49

Baldelli 76, 80, 36, 9

According to that, Owens would be the best leadoff hitter. Who knows, maybe KW will agree with Baseball Cube.

Yeah I wouldn't put any stock in that crap. There's no way Owens is the best contact hitter of the four and his attributes must come as a result of facing minor league competition. Owens is one of the worst players in baseball. He's like a cheaper version of Juan Pierre except he's not as good of a hitter, or as good of a baserunner, he has never done s*** in the Majors, and he has no championship rings.

I use thebaseballcube alot because it provides both the player's minor and major league numbers. Nice to have all of that info in one place.

I've been saving resources that I like when I find them.

Here's a link to a page where I list a bunch of them.

Baseballmusings.com is one of my favorites. But for some reason when I posted this the site was down. I'm sure it's a short term thing. It's a great site. The pitcher and hitter comparison databases are outstanding.

Minorleaguesplits.com is also an excellent site if somebody is looking for that type of info.

Lots of other interesting stuff to read and play with on the links page.

If anybody has other resources sites that they like, please list them.

Edited by scenario

I have a pretty decent list of baseball sites I frequent

Baseball Musings (as you mentioned) is great

I’ll go to Baseball-Ref for my stats

RotoWorld or Baseball Think Factory to get any updated news or stories.

And I’ll go to MLB Trade Rumors just to hear the speculation.

I’m also a frequenter of the various SB Nation blogs to get some of the fans side of thing (Athletics Nation probably, being the best)