I'm going to Chitown.

Bighurt52235

My mother and I will be flying in on August 21st. We will be going to games on the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. Do any of you know where good hotel locations are (closest, cheapest) to the ballpark? Is Midway or O'Hare closer? Any information that would help is much appreciated.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mother and I will be flying in on August 21st.  We will be going to games on the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. Do any of you know where good hotel locations are (closest, cheapest) to the ballpark? Is Midway or O'Hare closer?  Any information that would help is much appreciated.

To me Midway is a nicer airport to fly into.

Go to travelocity.com, hotels.com, expedia.com and orbitz.com to look for a good deal on hotels.

Usually you can look up the price on their, then call the hotel and say you see that price and sometimes they'll work out an even better price, plus that way you make sure you get the room you want.

when i went i stayed in the best western on east ohio st. it was pretty cheap ($100 a night) and it was right downtown. i drove in so i don't know how close it was to the airports. i think midway might be closer but don't quote me on that. to get to the park from there all we did was walk like 3 blocks and take the dan ryan express.

My advice is to find a cheap rate whereever you can and take public transportation.  You can get anywhere in Chicago on a train or bus for $1.50 a person.

1. r u renting a car?

this will tell you where to to get a hotel. if you need public transportation, then i got some ideas.

2. if you are renting a car, on the oakbrook area, you can get a red roof inn for 40 a night, or off I-55 and near 83 you can get a best westen for about 40-50 a night.

3. try falco's pizza which is very close to home run inn pizza. they are brothers and have the same recipe.

4. go to taylor street for some of the best beef sandwiches and italian ice.

5. go to old town for some of the best polish suasages out there. i think they may have moved.

and last have a old style beer on me.. :cheers

My mother and I will be flying in on August 21st.  We will be going to games on the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. Do any of you know where good hotel locations are (closest, cheapest) to the ballpark? Is Midway or O'Hare closer?  Any information that would help is much appreciated.

Fly into Midway unless O'Hare is that much cheaper.

Do priceline.com for your hotel. Select a 3-star hotel and bid $60 or $65 a night. Select either The Loop-Grant Park or North Michigan Avenue for your area. Hotels in either area will put you close enough to catch the Red Line right to US Cellular Field. You can ride the Orange Line from Midway on the way in, or catch a cab (figure roughly $30 depending on exactly where your hotel is.

Priceline will get you the hotel at that price. It will be a very nice hotel, such as the Westin, Hilton, etc...

Nothing cheap.

I have tried everyother site, but none have touched the deals in Chicago like Priceline. Last time I stayed at the Westin Hotel across the street from the John Hancock Tower (which happens to be the visiting team hotel for both the Cubs and Sox) for $65 a night.

Go to biddingfortravel.com, go to the Chicago hotel room section. Look what people are bidding for 4 star hotel rooms on N. Michigan Ave. and River North for your dates. Go to Priceline.com and bid what they did. You should be able to get a 4 star from $65-$85. The only drawback is your credit card gets charged right away, and there is no cancellations. I've saved a ton of money using these sites.

Go to biddingfortravel.com, go to the Chicago hotel room section. Look what people are bidding for 4 star hotel rooms on N. Michigan Ave. and River North for your dates. Go to Priceline.com and bid what they did. You should be able to get a 4 star from $65-$85. The only drawback is your credit card gets charged right away, and there is no cancellations. I've saved a ton of money using these sites.

Ditto on Priceline. Hadn't heard of the other site.

I have stayed at the Westin on N. Michigan Ave., the Congress Plaza Hotel, and the old Midland Hotel (which is now W Hotel) and never paid more than $65 a night in Chicago.

Ditto on Priceline.  Hadn't heard of the other site. 

I have stayed at the Westin on N. Michigan Ave., the Congress Plaza Hotel, and the old Midland Hotel (which is now W Hotel) and never paid more than $65 a night in Chicago.

biddingfortravel.com is a sight dedicated to priceline bids. You can see what was accepted and rejected. They have a list of the priceline hotels in each city, with reviews. It also shows rental cars and airfares. You should never use priceline without looking at this first. The people bidding figure out to the penny what priceline paid for the room, and what you could get it for. They even have administrators who will help you with your bid.

Ditto on Priceline.  Hadn't heard of the other site. 

biddingfortravel.com is a sight dedicated to priceline bids. You can see what was accepted and rejected. They have a list of the priceline hotels in each city, with reviews. It also shows rental cars and airfares. You should never use priceline without looking at this first. The people bidding figure out to the penny what priceline paid for the room, and what you could get it for. They even have administrators who will help you with your bid.

I am checking it out now. It is very interesting. I have used Priceline extensively in the past without knowing about this site, and from what I can tell, I have done pretty well so far. I will certainly bookmark this site and refer to it in the future. My latest priceline coup was a Saturday night in the Buckhead area of Atlanta. I got a Doubletree Suites Hotel for $42. :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
An Old Style is a must!

:puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke.. that is the worst swill on the planet and will make you look like this in the morning-----> :wacko: :blink:

Guest hotsoxchick1
That is not why I like it......... is it why you DON'T

its ok rex i understand.... you cant help it..... its the closet cub fan in you........ ;) :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
You trying to tarnish my sterling reputation??

oh hon you already did that by admission of liking that swill............dont need me to help ya tarnish anything .. your doing fine on your own...... ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: he he he ... sorry couldnt resist......

oh hon you already did that by admission of liking that swill............dont need me to help ya tarnish anything .. your doing fine on your own...... ;)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  he he he ... sorry couldnt resist......

Hey, the concept of this thread was to help young BigHurt have a pleasurable trip to the Windy City, not have you harass me over my selection of an occasional beer. Let's stick to the subject, k??

Guest hotsoxchick1
Hey, the concept of this thread was to help young BigHurt have a pleasurable trip to the Windy City, not have you harass me over my selection of an occasional beer.  Let's stick to the subject, k??

has someone lost their sense of humor tonite??????

had young hurt wanted a pleasurable trip to chitown, he would have picked another time to come... one which is less crowded is my advise.......went down town today and geez us you cant even move theres so many people around......add in the heat and it makes for one miserable day....... ;)