I'm going to Chitown.

Bighurt52235

lol ldf.. what do ya know about good pizza your down south.......pizza hut is the best you guys get unless its a tombstone from the freezer.....if its the home run in the city then ok.. but like all good things that come to an end,  you can get that out here too now and it sucks........something gets lost in the trip to the burbs i think......... ;)

rex yes the two are related company wise that is.. as for giordonos.. i can get that right up the street from my house....its ok if you are in a jam... but not quite the quality of a due's..............

so before home run started to expand, there was only one home run inn pizza place in town and that was on 31 and off kostner.

lady, remember i used to live in chi and roam a lot in what i still consider my home town. :lol:

lol i know you USED TO LIVE HERE.... used being the key word... alot has changed...........home run inn was once the best in town.. not so anymore........along with alot of other things that have either gone away or expanded to the burbs and now suck..........hell even al's beef isnt the same as it used to be...........and at one time they were the best........good thing you still have family up here huh.. i know each time i head south to see my dad i have to load up the trunk with a bunch of stuff.........it drives me nuts smelling that stuff for 12 hours..........dont even ask about flying down and taking a bunch of stuff.. i carried on a whole bunch of food one time and the bread alone didnt make the trip down.......the kids and i couldnt take it anymore and had a snack ......lol........

al's is not the same. oh man don't tell me that.

i fogot to add all the bottle gerdaire(sp) peppers that was ship down here.

the secret of shipping is buy everything a week in advance and freeze it all. :headbang

ill send ya some ldf.... i have a huge jar of it .. home made from a friend of mine who owns salarnos ............its the best stuff.. bring tears to your eyes........let me know if ya want it........

you know mikey s.

i know and grew up with them.

you are kidding me right..........geez us a small world.............his dad and my dad go way back to the old neighborhood... they went to school together since grade school through high school..... geez us........

oh yeah, i grew up in the neighborhood............

i forgot about salarnos. the bake claims and stuff mushrooms.

oh yeah. old man sal use to serve us in the 70's when we went to eat there. great people.

geez ldf... i probably knew you in my old days........i stop in there for dinner a few nites before i make the trip south.. pick up some goods for my dad... old man sal makes the best red wine too........ ;)

i hope not, i used to be one of the biggest ass holes from that area. something that i am not proud of now. got into alot of fights and hung around with the wrong group.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1
BS, they are the same.....

Go out, drink 2-3 beers and then let's do a blind taste test for draft beer.  I used to bartend and used to sneak different beers in on guys when a keg would go dry and they never knew.  Hell, they drank the same kind of beer every day for 3-4 hours and still didn't know.

I am talking about your basic domestic lagers, now......

hon i used to bar tend... i can tell ya the difference between any beer you want me to taste....they are different..... even down to the carbonation................trust me on this one.. i can pass any test ya give me....... ;)

Go out, drink 2-3 beers and then let's do a blind taste test for draft beer.  I used to bartend and used to sneak different beers in on guys when a keg would go dry and they never knew.  Hell, they drank the same kind of beer every day for 3-4 hours and still didn't know.

Rex sorry to say, I could be stumbling drunk and be able to tell the difference among those beers. Believe me.......

Yeah yeah yeah...... every one of those guys said the same too. If someone handed you a Bud Light rather than a Coors light (draft) after you had 4 or 5 beers, you'd never know.

hon i used to bar tend... i can tell ya the difference between any beer you want me to taste....they are different..... even down to the carbonation................trust me on this one.. i can pass any test ya give me....... ;)

same here, without a doubt

Rex sorry to say, I could be stumbling drunk and be able to tell the difference among those beers. Believe me.......

Yeah yeah yeah...... every one of those guys said the same too. If someone handed you a Bud Light rather than a Coors light (draft) after you had 4 or 5 beers, you'd never know.

Id know imediately.

Guest hotsoxchick1

yeah i would.. bud has more of a bitter taste to it while coors has more of a watered down taste.... id know........

i agree with you on this. not too many people can tell the difference on beer and mix drinks after several hrs of drinking.

but i can always tell the difference in beer, esp bud which i hate.

yeah i would.. bud has more of a bitter taste to it while coors has more of a watered down taste.... id know........

and you are complaining of old style taste. jeeze, that is some great tasting lager, second is iron mountian lager out of PA.

Its funny........ everyone of you say you can tell.  Everyone of the guys I ever switched on drinks way more than any of you (I hope) and extremely loyal, yet not one ever caught the switch.

Well wait, maybe if im smashed, but thats because i dont give a s*** what it tastes like by then. Give me the test now and it would be way easy

Its funny........ everyone of you say you can tell.  Everyone of the guys I ever switched on drinks way more than any of you (I hope) and extremely loyal, yet not one ever caught the switch.

it is kinda of hard when they bring me the bottle and i drink it from there. but i am telling you i usually don't drink beer, i am a vodka drinker but when in chi, i go with old style.

Guest hotsoxchick1

hmmm me thinks theres a challange in here for my next visit south.......... ;)

Well wait, maybe if im smashed, but thats because i dont give a s*** what it tastes like by then.  Give me the test now and it would be way easy

If you were drinking casually and were on your 4th or 5th beer (or 3rd if you drink less) you wouldn't notice a switch. Could you tell if I put two different beers in front of you? Probably so. Hell, you can tell Anheiser Busch products next to another because they are lighter in color.

But if you are having a good time with friends, had a few, listening to music or whatever, and someone snuck in a cold draft of something different (as long as it was a similar domestic), you wouldn't know. Just trust me.

If you were drinking casually and were on your 4th or 5th beer (or 3rd if you drink less) you wouldn't notice a switch.  Could you tell if I put two different beers in front of you?  Probably so.  Hell, you can tell Anheiser Busch products next to another because they are lighter in color.

But if you are having a good time with friends, had a few, listening to music or whatever, and someone snuck in a cold draft of something different (as long as it was a similar domestic), you wouldn't know.  Just trust me.

i think i can b/c i know i caught the bar tenders doing that a few time. but that was when i was in chi.

Guest hotsoxchick1
so here is the question from me, do you think we gave little hurt enuf to think about when he goes to chi? :D  :headbang  :cheers

lol yeah im sure he has a lot of food for thought now.......... :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
Yeah, if you ever make it down south again........  Ms. All Talk

ahem.. all talk???????? hmmmm i seem to recall someone doing alot of all talk.. and no .........ok ill take this one in private.... no sense spilling all the beans on here right.......... ;)