I'm going to Chitown.

Bighurt52235

Guest hotsoxchick1
Not a biggie......  she's just talking about actually coming down here earlier in the year.. I was talking about something unrelated, so no big issue here..... Sorry  :)

i was talking about something last time i was down there :D ... no biggie though i completely understand work loads....... ;) i still did what i said i was gonna do......... :P

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1
btw same question to you.

can you tell the difference etc......

lol the fact he likes old style should answer that for ya ldf............ :lol:

yeah past his bed time...........

well i am now more interested in who you really are, since we know some of the same people.

and yeah i would love some peppers.

i will email you with some other info later in the week.

Guest hotsoxchick1
well i am now more interested in who you really are, since we know some of the same people.

ok ill wait on your email.......ill be glad to send ya a care package.........and we can talk more about who we know from the old days...........

ok ill wait on your email.......ill be glad to send ya a care package.........and we can talk more about who we know from the old days...........

most excellent.

Guest hotsoxchick1
i just saw, 8000+ post. wow, only 4 months ago we were close.

lol... gotta get up early in the morning to catch me.......or stay up late at nite...... ;) :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
i am not going there. :D

even tho i wish i could.  :cheers

;) :D :cheers to ya hon.........who loves ya ldf??????

nite

nitey nite hon.. sweet dreams.. :D

btw same question to you.

can you tell the difference etc......

Not in the situation I described. If I knew there was a tatse test and I was looking for a difference, then sure, I could probably pick out something different as well.

Hell, I think they are all so damned close, I drink whatever my mind things of first. If I had to rank them in order of preference I would go Michelob Light, Coors Light, Bud Light and then Miller Lite. But I can drink Bud, Busch Light, Old Style, or whatever. If it is within that family of domestic beers, I'll drink whatever.

On the topic of beer: Took my 90 yr. old great aunt out for dinner last nite, she likes Four Farthings, a great place right off of Lincoln Ave. Anyway, I took her for a beer beforehand at one of my favorite places, Southport City Saloon, on Southport just north of Armitage. They have a house beer called Southport Lager, it's really Huber from the Joseph Huber Brewing Company in Monroe, WI. Before anyone turns their nose up at it, go there and try it ... $8.50/pitcher, great beer garden too.

As for giardiniera, the best in the city is made by E. Formella and Sons, their plant is on 90th Street just west of Harlem, just past the KFC. They have a small walk-in retail area. Mild, hot, eggplant, chopped garlic, they have everything. They also private label for alot of small pizza places in the city, so many times if there's a label on it that says homemade, chances are good it's made by Formella. They've been in biz since 1909, and they've huge Sox fans too. They've supplied Ricobene's for decades.