Razors

Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)
the quattro is awesome, but Ill be damned if Im spending 28 bucks for a 4 pack refill. I stopped worrying about it and switched to disposables. They do the job just as good and I never get cut. And they are cheaper

28 bucks?? 8 packs for my quattro cost 24 dollars

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 06:17 PM)
I have used an electric shaver my whole life.

I have never once shaved with a razor.Go ahead and call me a sissy but I consider myself lucky that I never had the need to.

And you can shave your neck fine with a electric? I have always had that problem. I had an electric, but my neck would never get a good shave.

QUOTE (TheBlackSox8 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 06:27 PM)
28 bucks?? 8 packs for my quattro cost 24 dollars

This was back when the quattro came out, and when I got my free one in the mail :)

I just said screw it and went to disposables when the Quattro went dull

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 07:52 PM)
And you can shave your neck fine with a electric? I have always had that problem. I had an electric, but my neck would never get a good shave.

I never can get my neck shaved with an electric either. The first time I used a razor I never turned back.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 07:52 PM)

Yep and its smooth as hell too.My facial hair isnt as coarse as others though.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 10:17 PM)
I use Mach 3 Turbo - never had an issue.

Electric gives me razor burn.

Pocket knife or tweezers?

:)

Haha nah, I use an electric razor and only if I think im getting action that night or am going somewhere important.. other than that I leave it scratchy at all times and just use a trimmer to shorten it instead of shaving it off

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 05:37 PM)
I use mach 3 turbo as well and I always get razor burn on the neck. It's not the brand of the razor though.

Anyone try that Philips Norelco razor on tv with the three heads? I've been thinking about giving that a try.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 07:22 PM)
I always seem to get a bit of razor burn on my neck and have a tendency to get little zits around my chin below my lower lip. Any prevention suggestions?

I'll save you both the money I spent at the zit doc. There is probably one direction that causes the problems. You will not get as close of a shave, but try shaving down on your face and up on your neck. Razor irritation generally happens when you are going against the grain. It may not feel as close, but it will generally look fine. Also, use a sharp blade, as the blades dull, they will increase irritation. Also, the razor rash will masquerade as zits at times.

As far as the norelco, it will probably give you the worst razor burn of your life, if the directional thing is the problem.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 08:22 PM)
I always seem to get a bit of razor burn on my neck and have a tendency to get little zits around my chin below my lower lip. Any prevention suggestions?

There are a couple things to prevent razor burn and stuff. The type of shaving cream you use. So you might want to try aveeno or neutrogena. Also, shaving after a hot shower or while in the shower also helps because it makes your skin soft. Make sure your razors aren't too old or aren't dirty.

I was also told by my dermatologist to go up on the neck too, but that jacked me up REAL bad so... Shaving over the same spots over and over will worsen the burn so try to go through just once. I still can't avoid razor burn though so this is just to reduce it. Lotion also helps because it moisturizes the skin.

So mixed results on the norelco huh...

Norelco Electric for me. My neck isn't as close as I would like, but it's not too bad and my hair is a light red, so it's barely noticeable. I use a regular razor for weddings and what not to get a better shave and use whatever's in my bathroom bag - I have a few different ones that I got free in the mail.

I use Schick Quattro. As far as the price for refills, I just bought some of the gift packs from last year as they got cheaper and I sign up for the free razors when I see them on slickdeals.net. There's also coupons and rebates in the paper sometimes...

I get razor burn on my neck too. :(