Razors

Jimbo's Drinker

Phillips Norelco, but not that super-cool looking three headed one they're advertising now. I use the flip-open "mustache trimmer" to get longer neck hairs first, moving up from Adam's apple to chin. Then I move in the same direction with the regular shaving foils. Works fine for me.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 07:33 PM)
I use Mach 3.

I think its better than the Mach Turbo. (I own them both.)

I used to get bad razor burn but ive found if you rub your face with hot water, use shaving cream and keep the blade new/clean it will help it.

Thats pretty basic, best to shave in the shower or right out of it when your skin is still soft. For those with sensitive skin you might want to try Aveda shaving cream.

I use the Schick Quattro disposables, and they work great for me... Also, Tex is right about helping reduce irritation. If you shave with the grain, it won't be as close of a shave, but it will help against getting razor burn.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Shadows @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 10:22 PM)
Haha nah, I use an electric razor and only if I think im getting action that night or am going somewhere important.. other than that I leave it scratchy at all times and just use a trimmer to shorten it instead of shaving it off

Still yet to use that electric shaver...

BTW, also from my zit-Doc, hot water tends to cause the skin to swell a bit, resulting in a not as close as can be shave. He recommended, at a minimum, a cold blade. But if you can tolerate it, cold water. It tightens the skin and stands the beard up.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 09:57 PM)
BTW, also from my zit-Doc, hot water tends to cause the skin to swell a bit, resulting in a not as close as can be shave. He recommended, at a minimum, a cold blade. But if you can tolerate it, cold water. It tightens the skin and stands the beard up.

Thanks for all the suggestions Tex. Gonna try some of those today.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 10:57 PM)

Hot water opens the pours. The cold water is news to me, not sure if I trust it on either accounts as I've never heard that from anyone, friends and doctors alike.

EDIT: Upon more research, hot water first, cold water when finished seems like the way to go...?

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE (Texsox @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 09:57 PM)

i'll have to try that...thanks.

Gillette Fusion Power

I used to use a Mach 3... made the switch... won't go back.

Great shave and haven't cut myself once in over a year.

Also, I use shaving gels rather than shaving cream.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Dec 3, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)
Gillette Fusion Power

I used to use a Mach 3... made the switch... won't go back.

Great shave and haven't cut myself once in over a year.

Also, I use shaving gels rather than shaving cream.

I prefer gels to cream as well. Just seems to work better.

The Gillette, Good News, Pivot Plus disposable razor is king. Kinda hard to find nowadays.

Splash hot water on your chin and face for a couple of minutes, then apply shaving cream. Then you need to wait a few minutes before you begin to shave. This is a good time to brew a cup of coffee or take a dump. Give the lather enough time to do it's job which is to soften your stubble up a little bit.

Also, shower AFTER you shave. It helps to cool your skin from razor burn....and yes go with the grain, never against.

Finally, after your shower, use a regular face lotion, not an after shave splash.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 08:56 AM)
I never have. No soap either. I am lucky to wear I don't grow very thick facial hair. I usually shave once a week, on the weekend sometime.

yeah, I need the soap because I don't shave very often, If I'm shaving regularly I don't use anything.