Vazquez & Logan Dealt to Braves

Sockin

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cubs officially the only player for peavy now huh....im gonna wait to see what we got in return, but im guessing im not going to like it., as i value javy's services more than most on this board and i think more than ozzie did...we have only 3 starters right now for next years rotation

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 05:05 PM)
HE'S BIG BONED! Plus, with Lillibridge we could stop bit%%ing about a leadeoff hitter.

If we are planning on having Lillibridge as the leadoff hitter... well, he'd be better then Owens, but he wouldn't be a good one.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 05:05 PM)
Reyes isnt in the deal from what I hear.

And you may not like the deal straight up, but wait until KW spend the money saved....

I assume we will be taking on a contract from the Braves as they aren't the ones to usually take on a lot of extra cash without dumping some elsewhere.

And I hope dearly that you are correct and fatty Reyes isn't a part of the deal.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 07:05 PM)
Reyes isnt in the deal from what I hear.

And you may not like the deal straight up, but wait until KW spend the money saved....

good point....ever since 2005 i always wait to see what KW does with the money...we'll see...could be saving up to spend in 2009/2010 offseason too

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 05:09 PM)
A pretty good idea. Let's put it this way: We arent unloading money just for the hell of it at this point, we are making space for a purchase.

Rock, stop being so cryptic!

By purchase, do you mean a FA acquisition, or a trade acquisition?

Right-handed pitcher Javier Vazquez has been told he's headed from the Chicago White Sox to the Atlanta Braves in a deal which is likely to be finalized on Wednesday.

Vazquez is flying to Atlanta on Wednesday morning for a physical.

A baseball source told ESPN's Peter Gammons that the deal will include four other players, including reliever Boone Logan, who would also go from the White Sox to the Braves.

Among the players expected to go from Atlanta to the Chicago organization are Jo-Jo Reyes, Brett Lillibridge and another top prospect.

Vazquez, 32, was 12-16 last season for the White Sox with a 4.67 ERA in 33 starts. He struck out 200 batters in 208 1/3 innings.

Logan, a left-handed reliever, was 4-4 with a 5.70 ERA out of the White Sox bullpen last year. He had a 2-3 record in 55 appearances.

Reyes was 3-11 with a 5.81 ERA last season for the Braves. He started 22 games.

Lillibridge appeared in 90 games at Triple-A Richmond in the Braves organization. He hit .220 with four home runs and 39 RBIs.