Vazquez & Logan Dealt to Braves

Sockin

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 06:39 PM)
Lill, Flowers and a young arm.

KW saw Flowers in the AFL.

Outstanding, if this is true. This might even up the possibilty of an AJ trade (though, i hope not) Due to the development of Armstrong. Flower's + the Cell= Many a You Can Put It On the Board

This deal sucks. Quoted from ESPN:

"Reyes was 3-11 with a 5.81 ERA last season for the Braves. He started 22 games.

Lillibridge appeared in 90 games at Triple-A Richmond in the Braves organization. He hit .220 with four home runs and 39 RBIs."

For the record, I was in the "don't trade Vazquez" camp.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 06:36 PM)
Some of us are doing the googling of him now. What would you like to know? He was solid in the Pittsburgh organization, traded in the Laroche deal to the Braves, he struggled some with the Braves as they moved him up pretty quick, and last year was pretty rough for him althoguh I'm trying to find out if he was hurt for part of the year.

I've only ever heard his name, and know nothing of him. Any information would be helpful.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 05:47 PM)
Outstanding, if this is true. This might even up the possibilty of an AJ trade (though, i hope not) Due to the development of Armstrong. Flower's + the Cell= Many a You Can Put It On the Board

I got a text that the third player is a MLB arm, but looking for confirmation.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 05:48 PM)
I cant see adding another LH SP like Reyes, and one that struggled in the NL none the less. Maybe Jurrjens, Locke, or Rohrbourgh along with Lillibridge and Flowers? I then assume that Lillibridge is being brought in to play CF.

Jurrjens isnt going anywhere, he is slotted in their rotation for the next few years.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 06:52 PM)
So whose going to be in the 4th and 5th spots for us next season? Richard/Poreda for sure now, but I doubt both as we would have 4 lefties.

It depends on the Bailey trade, i imagine. If we get him, and he has a decent spring training we'll roll the dice.

QUOTE (tommy @ Dec 3, 2008 -> 12:51 AM)
I don't necessarily see how this deal makes the White Sox better in 2009.

yeah I'm struggling. I see some good prospects, but I'm not exactly thrilled at this point to get back just prospects. Especially now a reclamation project.

QUOTE (R.J. @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)
Lillibridge/Flowers/Reyes would have been a pretty sweet return.

Lillibridge/Flowers/Someone-less-valuable makes it more of a salary dump.

Not necessarily.

The Braves have some very good young arms in their system.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 06:53 PM)
yeah I'm struggling. I see some good prospects, but I'm not exactly thrilled at this point to get back just prospects. Especially now a reclamation project.

It’s not like we’re competing against the Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, and Jays here. Everybody else in our division has just as much work to do as the Sox do. If anything this puts us in a better place for the next five years

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 06:53 PM)

It’s not like we’re competing against the Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, and Jays here. Everybody else in our division has just as much work to do as the Sox do. If anything this puts us in a better place for the next five years

We all know KW is far from being done dealing. That being said, Flowers is a pretty good prospect to get back, especially considering our lack of depth at catcher. Javy is incredibly underrated by a number of people here, but I'll hold off judgement until we know what the actual deal is.