Pre Trade Vazquez Discussion

EvilJester99

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 04:47 PM)
I think if we acquire Bailey we’ll have enough pitching depth to make any Vasquez deal be about acquiring young OF talent rather than more young arms.

you can never have enough young pitching. Any deal should revolve around acquiring mlb or near mlb pitching with up the middle players as the secondary piece

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 05:00 PM)
you can never have enough young pitching. Any deal should revolve around acquiring mlb or near mlb pitching with up the middle players as the secondary piece

Agree completely. If the Sox trade Dye, Jenks, and Javy, I'd like them all to go in seperate deals and I'd like to see starting pitching coming back in each deal.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 03:25 PM)
Danks has Buehrle to thank, IIRC.

Darn it, Buehrle. Why can't you teach Russell and Poreda the cutter, too!!!!

Maybe we can bring back Loaiza as an adjunct pitching coach just to teach that specific pitch to our youngsters, along with Champion and Cooper.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 04:48 PM)
Agree completely. If the Sox trade Dye, Jenks, and Javy, I'd like them all to go in seperate deals and I'd like to see starting pitching coming back in each deal.

The Sox would have serious offensive problems and would need to be acquiring a future CF and finding a way to get another hitter.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 12:40 PM)
The Sox would have serious offensive problems and would need to be acquiring a future CF and finding a way to get another hitter.

Exactly, unless we get someone like Chris Dickerson in the Dye deal, then we can’t go into a Vasquez deal only looking for pitching. We need to find a better alternative then rushing Viciedo to the majors.