Whoa! Beer Widget

Texsox

Jim, and I know you will know this, what the hell is the "widget" in my Guiness Draught can? You can hear it rattling around inside, but when you open the beer there is a rustling noise and a heavenly bouquet erupts.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 10:43 PM)
Jim, and I know you will know this, what the hell is the "widget" in my Guiness Draught can? You can hear it rattling around inside, but when you open the beer there is a rustling noise and a heavenly bouquet erupts.

Indeed, I know the widget

It is a nitrogen ampule that ruptures when you open the can or bottle, releasing seed nitrogen to give your Guinness that authentic draught head.

I believe the inventor of the Guinness widget should receive a Nobel Prize for science.

:drink :drink :drink

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 09:53 PM)
Indeed, I know the widget

It is a nitrogen ampule that ruptures when you open the can or bottle, releasing seed nitrogen to give your Guinness that authentic draught head.

I believe the inventor of the Guinness widget should receive a Nobel Prize for science.

:drink :drink :drink

And I was just reading they have a "rocket widget" that fits in their bottles slowly releasing the nitro and causing that perfect creamy head to last the entire pint.

This is so much fun, I'm on my third.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 11:02 PM)
I thought it said "Beer Midget," and I thought this was an incredible idea.

SPIT TAKE!! :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE (Texsox @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 11:04 PM)
And I was just reading they have a "rocket widget" that fits in their bottles slowly releasing the nitro and causing that perfect creamy head to last the entire pint.

This is so much fun, I'm on my third.

See my recent drunk thread post. *hic!*

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 10:06 PM)
SPIT TAKE!! :lolhitting :lolhitting

See my recent drunk thread post. *hic!*

Besides ambiance, I cannot tell a difference between the can and a "takes three minutes" to pour drought at my local pub.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 11:09 PM)
Besides ambiance, I cannot tell a difference between the can and a "takes three minutes" to pour drought at my local pub.

I agree, the nitro widget actually does quite a nice job. Still, nothing beats the original widget-free "bulldog" Guinness Foriegn Extra Stout in a bottle every now and again.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 3, 2008 -> 09:45 AM)
A fine beer indeed. But DON'T badmouth Guinness, it's a gift from the Beer Gods.

Did I mention the Guinness was a gift? Good beer, free, always moves up a couple notches.