Stoney on 670 Thursday 12/4

Steve9347

QUOTE (heirdog @ Dec 5, 2008 -> 08:29 AM)
Its clear Bucket-o-suck is implying he is married to Rick Hahn's sister (or cousin...or niece). In any case, if Thunderbolt can dig up some details on the "Ladies of Hahn," then we can confirm the true identity of Bucket-o-suck. I always find it odd how relatives come out of the woodwork and offer inside details when the team (KW) is on a supposed "gag" order. Why put your family relations under duress to share info that people will likely be skeptical of any way. Is it helping the team? Its nice to get the info but we all take it with a grain of salt and most won't believe a word so unless there is someway you can prove to have inside info (highly unlikely), its best to leave it alone...or simply defend your brother-in-law if people are taking unnecessary shots at him (never happens on this board as Rick Hahn is a GOD here).

I’m not exactly an investigative reporter here, I just find it odd when people throw up “credentials” on a message board.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 11:15 PM)
hmm, and of what relation are you?

Hahn is a native of Winnetka, Ill. and a graduate of New Trier High School, the University of Michigan, the Harvard Law School and Northwestern's Kellogg Graduate School of Management. He and his wife, Jean, have two children, Jake and Charlie. The family resides in Glencoe, Ill.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/team/e.../hahn_rick.html

Weird. Turns out Hahn was at NTHS the same time I was. I wonder if I knew him.

Lol, seems most media outlets and my friends thinks KW's conference yesterday was 100% smokescreen. I tend to be in that boat too.

There was a BBTN special on yesterday and since it involved Steve Phillips not much of substance came out of it. Basically he said he expects KW to do something at the winter meetings. I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of the top free agents take short 1-2 year deals or accept arbitration to see if the economic situation passes. At this point I wouldn't be shocked to see OC take it and despite what KW said yesterday, I think he would start at SS and Alexei in CF or 2nd

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 5, 2008 -> 03:54 AM)
Well, the thing is, almost EVERY business in the country can be looked to cut costs in anticipation of having a rough go the next couple of years...that provides the Sox cover, whether they believe in Obama or not.

Bill Clinton, whether you believe him or not, said the economic problem should be able to overcome in 15-24 months...if they "make all the right decisions." Well, there's no guarantees on that happening. The thing is, nobody knows. You can take all of the last decade's Nobel Prize winners in Economics and you'd have 10 dramatically different opinions on a solution.

I just think they're being prudent...and that we probably were over budget about $5-15 million last season and we're going to make it up this season, partially with the raising of ticket prices. I think it's better to be careful then to get into a real desperate situation like some teams, where they basically have to auction off talent to keep their organizations afloat. The Twins are going to have to open their new stadium in 2010 in the middle of something resembling the Great Depression, for all intents and purposes, and Carl Pohlad was already stingy before.

With Thome, Konerko, Dye and Contreras all leaving the books in the next couple of seasons, Buehrle would be, far and away, our highest paid player.

You have a point, and you make a great point about the Twins and their new stadium. Things are going to get really bad for the small market teams. Well, it'll get really bad for everyone, but the Twins will have it worse, and they'll deserve it because they suck. J/K, no one deserves what's about to go down, it's going to get bad.