Call Your Crazy!!

Steve9347

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 07:24 PM)
im hoping for a dye, Jenks, and prospects to the mets for Pelfry, Jesus Fernando Martinez, Daniel Murphy

then the sox sign Adam Dunn and Chad Cordero

Giving us....

1. Lexi SS (why hasnt he been talked about as a lead off hitter for this team, he can be our Soriano, when he was good)

2. Daniel Murphey 2b

3. Jim Thome DH

4. TCQ RF (having him bat 4th so he can break up the big lefties)

5. Adam Dunn LF

6. PK 1b

7. AJP C

8. Fields/Betemit platoon 3b

9. Jesus CF

1. Buehrle

2. Floyd

3. Danks

4. Pelfrey

5. whoever wins the 5th starter spot in spring training

It would take Dye and Jenks to get EITHER Martinez OR Pelfrey. No way on God's green earth are we extracting both of them. You can get Heileman and Martinez, possibly, but not a package with both those guys for Dye/Jenks. No way, no how.

Nate McLouth is becomming one of the most overrated players in baseball, IMO. He's a solid player, but from what I've seen of him, he isn't an all-star must have player worth giving up a ton for.

As for a big move, I still have my fingers crossed on Dunn, and trading Dye, among maybe some others, for a CF/leadoff hitter and a quality 4 or 5 starter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 07:25 PM)
Speed on the bases

That's fine in another stadium, but Abreu's never going to be considered a power hitter, especially in USCF.

His speed and stolen base days are waning, and Dye is a huge asset in our smaller stadium. In a place where Abreu would hit tons of doubles and some triples...maybe I would agree with you. He's morphing into a high OBP, average defense with slightly above average speed guy at this point...with probably 15-20 HR power at USCF.

Bobby Jenks, Gavin Floyd, Tyler Flowers and Josh Fields to the Yankees for Alex Rodriguez

Jermaine Dye and Orlando Cabrera to the Dodgers for Matt Kemp

Gotta be clearing that money up for something, and as mentioned before Kenny always gets his guys. Just for kicks, lets imagine this:

CF- Matt Kemp

SS- Alexei Ramirez

LF- Carlos Quentin

3B- Alex Rodriguez

DH- Jim Thome

1B- Paul Konerko

C- AJ Pierzynski

RF- Dayan Viciedo

2B- Brent Lillibridge/Chris Getz/Gordon Beckham

The rotation and bullpen would hurt a little bit, but we'd score a lot of runs.

Here's my semi-realistic guess of what the 09 Sox will look like...

CF Taveras

LF Abreu

RF Quentin

DH Thome

1B Konerko

SS Alexei

C Pierzynski

3B Fields/Betemit

2B Getz

SP Buehrle

SP Lowe

SP Danks

SP Floyd

SP Richard (possibly Daniel Cabrera)

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 5, 2008 -> 01:34 AM)
Abreu doesn't even steal bases via speed anymore, at his point in his career it's about 90% savvy. He's an excellent base runner but he's not particularly fast.

That's what I meant. Like you said, he's slow in the field, but has great instincts on the bases. However, he's the type of guy who could easily just shut it down and stop trying to be a threat on the bases as he gets older.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 07:36 PM)
You think KW can actually negotiate a deal with Boras? It's bound to happen sometime.

That's my thoughts exactly. It's bound to happen sometime, and with him dropping all this payroll, it's about as good a time as any. He can't avoid all of Boras' clients forever...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 08:26 PM)
It would take Dye and Jenks to get EITHER Martinez OR Pelfrey. No way on God's green earth are we extracting both of them. You can get Heileman and Martinez, possibly, but not a package with both those guys for Dye/Jenks. No way, no how.

Wait nvm Heilman is the disgruntled one ahhhh so you think we can get a deal of Jenks and Dye for Aaron, Martinez, and Murphy?? I'd even throw Shelby in on the trade too, Martinez and Murphy can be a really good ball players

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 07:43 PM)
This is a good call. Toronto is having money issues. So is AZ and supposedly Houston. Check out their rosters. Bargains may be had.

Oswalt would be awesome, but apparently the Braves already asked and were turned away.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 07:36 PM)
You think KW can actually negotiate a deal with Boras? It's bound to happen sometime.

Well according to the Boston Globe a "baseball source" says Lowe has already received at least 2 contract offers; 1 from the Phillies and another from a mystery team that is not the Red Sox or Yankees. Could be the Mets, could be the Sox, could be anyone I suppose.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 07:46 PM)
Oswalt scares me. That ERA has been rising the last 4 years, and that HR total made a pretty big jump last year. Still a solid pitcher, but probably not the best investment, given the cost.

The thing about him is that he still has the awesome stuff he's always had. He'd worry me more if he was showing some injury issues or some sort of decline. And you have to factor in that he has played with the Astros, who's management and team sucks. He's durable, reliable, will give you 200+ strong innings, and he can win. I'd imagine a change of scenery would rejuvenate the hell out of him.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)
Oswalt scares me. That ERA has been rising the last 4 years, and that HR total made a pretty big jump last year. Still a solid pitcher, but probably not the best investment, given the cost.

he's also been pitching in the powerhouse that is the NL Central for years too. Oswalt scares the hell out of me and I want really nothing to do with him.

Halladay is an entirely different story and he'd be quite a haul.

*Sox trade Dye for Edwin Jackson

*Sox sign Adam Dunn

*I agree on the McClouth deal. Poreda, Anderson, and Broadway gets dealt.

McClouth CF

Ramirez SS

Quentin RF

Thome DH

Dunn LF

Konerko 1B

Pierzynski C

Fields 3b

Getz 2b

Rotation: Buerhle, Floyd, Danks, Jackson, Richard/Marquez

Shibby!!