Winter Meetings Chit-Chat

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 9, 2008 -> 11:44 AM)
It’s a brilliant move by the Cubs. They really need someone like Bradley who can shake up that clubhouse, and deflect all of the curse crap that reigns down annually.

I think this would be good for the cubs too, but adding him and Peavy would give them so much talent that I know will implode on them.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Dec 9, 2008 -> 11:46 AM)
I don't like it either. I really don't think this is the team the Sox start the season with.

When the sox cut back, they cut back. They are trading all their talent for prospects, and will sign fringe Free Agents.

The worst part is they are still raising ticket prices, its like pre World Series decisions all over again.

Edited by Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Dec 9, 2008 -> 11:58 AM)
When the sox cut back, they cut back. They are trading all their talent for prospects, and will sign fringe Free Agents.

The worst part is they are still raising ticket prices, its like pre World Series decisions all over again.

feeling a little WSF101 today, huh?

QUOTE (Texsox @ Dec 9, 2008 -> 12:03 PM)
Bradley is the kind of guy this team sheds in a hurry. Maybe he's mellowed, but I doubt it.

He isnt mellowed. He just isnt as quick to put his hands around your neck after blowing out both of his knees two years ago

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Dec 9, 2008 -> 12:11 PM)
WFAN apparently said the braves were in serious talks over dye.

When were the braves in talks about Dye? This morning or 3 weeks ago? If the Braves trade Francoeur for Grenkie who do they have lined up to be thier RF? Who else would the Sox want from the Braves?

I'd have a lot of interest in Zack Grienke in a deal involving Dye. I doubt the Braves would do that, but they still have quite a few prospects that I would have interest in. I'd also have interest in a package built around Francouer and a top prospect. Yes, Francouer has struggled a bit this past season but tools wise he's off the charts. However, I still would prefer a prospect the caliber of Bailey.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 9, 2008 -> 11:34 AM)
Me too, and it would be a huge PR hit for the organization. As they were saying on the radio today, the average fan understands giving up Swisher and Vazquez, but if they give up Dye for another prospect, then you'll start to hear more outrage.

Its not like we are winning anything next year. keeping dye for another year doesn't make much sense. As I have stated in other threads they are cutting payroll, and they will not make up alot of what they cut. They are planning for a down year in baseball and the economy. Its just my take, but I think Dye goes, for younger players or prospects. they will nto back fill him with any big name free agent. They are doing what every other company in the US is doing. They are planning ahead for an off year. There job is to make money.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 9, 2008 -> 12:30 PM)
I'd have a lot of interest in Zack Grienke in a deal involving Dye. I doubt the Braves would do that, but they still have quite a few prospects that I would have interest in. I'd also have interest in a package built around Francouer and a top prospect. Yes, Francouer has struggled a bit this past season but tools wise he's off the charts. However, I still would prefer a prospect the caliber of Bailey.

If we got Greinke back in a Dye deal, I'd need a change of pants.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 9, 2008 -> 12:30 PM)

I'd rather have Tommy Hanson than Bailey...but that's probably not happenin'.....

QUOTE (quickman @ Dec 9, 2008 -> 10:34 AM)
If this were the case why wouldn't that have been a packaged deal in the last trade?

My guess is that at that point the Sox wanted to move Javy and that was there priority just like the braves initial priority was to get a pitcher that would give them innings. Now that both teams have done that the Sox are moving onto there next plan and the Braves are doing the same and that might involve a second deal.