Brent Lillibridge

Heads22

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
I have decided, after a number of beers tonight, that he's now tied with BA as my newest, favoritist, White Sox guy.

What are your ffavorite Brent Lillibridge moments?

He also needs a good nickname. How about "The Stone Cowboy"?

The hell? lol. You really make me miss drinking.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 09:00 PM)
Getz-Lillibridge-Betimet should, and will all make this team. Nix is the outsider right now.

Seems like last year we went with 5 guys, Crede, Uribe, OC, Alexi, PK most of the year. Which in part was due to Swish being able to play 1st.

This year seems like Fields, Wilson, Getz, Alexi, PK, will be here for sure.

This is a classic example of the grass is always greener on the other side argument. Lillibridge hit .220 with 4 homers and struck out at a higher clip than Juan Uribe ever did with the White Sox in AAA last year. Uribe was hated. He needed to be released. Yet this guy who also pounded out 4 homers has people excited. I will never understand.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 10:09 PM)
This is a classic example of the grass is always greener on the other side argument. Lillibridge hit .220 with 4 homers and struck out at a higher clip than Juan Uribe ever did with the White Sox in AAA last year. Uribe was hated. He needed to be released. Yet this guy who also pounded out 4 homers has people excited. I will never understand.

No this is the classic example of Heads being drunk and posting.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 09:09 PM)

Because except for his 2008 hiccup, Lillibridge has been thought of as an excellent prospect.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 09:25 PM)
What were his numbers in 2007?

Here's a 2007 year-end analysis when he was selected one of the top 10 prospects in the International League and one of the top 100 prospects in baseball.

(Keep in mind that 2007 was his second full season in the minors. He started the year in AA after tearing up two levels of A-ball in 2006. He got promoted to AAA in June.)

Though he had to wait until June—and Yunel Escobar's big league callup—for his chance with Richmond, Lillibridge opened eyes around the league with his well-rounded game. He reminded one opposing manager of Khalil Greene, as a 5-foot-11 shortstop with excellent leverage in his swing. Unlike Greene, Lillibridge offers above-average speed and baserunning ability (he was 28-of-33 stealing bases) and a chance to be an above-average hitter.

Lillibridge takes his hands to the ball quickly and cleanly and is adept at using all fields. His game power is fringe-average, but he has enough snap in his bat to hit 10-15 homers annually in the big leagues. Defensively, Lillibridge offers slightly above-average range at short with a great feel for the ball off the bat, good hands and above-average arm strength. An energetic player with instincts for the game, Lillibridge profiles as a No. 2 hitter in the major leagues. Working against Lillibridge are questions about endurance because of his size.

AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG

321 47 92 14 2 10 41 20 59 28 5 .287 .331 .436

The stats above are just his AAA numbers. He had a .352 OBP in AA before he got promoted (approximately 200 at-bats). And he had 14 SBs in AA, giving him 42 between the two levels in 2007. This following up 52 stolen bases in 2006.

Edited by scenario