Our old friends the Braves want JD

Steve9347

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (R.J. @ Dec 9, 2008 -> 06:42 PM)
We can either dream, or we can reasonably assess what players could be moved in a trade based on their relative value and our needs.

Heyward & Hanson stay put.

In that case, the only reason to deal Dye to the Braves is if our financial situation is really that bad and there simply aren't other suitors. Given the salary cuts already achieved and the quality numbers that JD has put up so far, I find it hard to believe both of those are true.

KW wants to trade JD for a starting pitcher. If the Braves are serious about trading for Grienke AND signing Burnett. That would give them Hudson, Burnett, Vazquez, Grienke and Jurgens. That leads me to believe that Hanson or Reyes could be had...

Hanson is solid, but his pitching mechanics scare me. If you look at that video link you posted he uses an aweful lot of arm. Its something Coop can likely work with him on i suppose but it still worries me.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Dec 9, 2008 -> 11:06 PM)
KW wants to trade JD for a starting pitcher. If the Braves are serious about trading for Grienke AND signing Burnett. That would give them Hudson, Burnett, Vazquez, Grienke and Jurgens. That leads me to believe that Hanson or Reyes could be had...

Hanson is solid, but his pitching mechanics scare me. If you look at that video link you posted he uses an aweful lot of arm. Its something Coop can likely work with him on i suppose but it still worries me.

1.) The Francouer/Grienke rumor was shot down, it never really made any sense to begin with.

2.) Tim Hudson had Tommy John surgery in August, he won't be playing baseball this year.