Who's the bigger disappointment  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the bigger disappointment

• Paul Konerko
    • Bart Colon
    • Billy Koch
    • Joe Crede
    • Mark Buerhle

They've all been disappointing, although knock on wood MB seems to be coming around nicely. I would vote for Koch. He's making that trade look like Ritchie part dieux. I wonder did Beane know something that KW didn't? He's lost 8-10 mph on his fastball and you see what a grand success he's been as a "finesse" pitcher. KW taken to the cleaners. AGAIN.

I wonder did Beane know something that KW didn't?

Of course he did. Then again, Beane is a real GM. I can't understand how a White Sox fan can defend KW when it has been reported consistently among the people in the know that KW is one of the worst GM's in the league. Still can't figure out why Beane called KW, "..... one of the best and brightest..... GM's in the League"? Beane needs someone to fleece every now and again.

Guest hotsoxchick1

this whole team has been a disapointment... well all of it but loz.. what a diamond in the ruff there...........if these guys cant get off their collecitive asses and start to resemble a ball club in the second half... im never going back to that park.................thats a promise......... :fyou them......

How can there be a biggER disappointment when there's five choices? ;)

I chose Koch, since it's unacceptable that he can't even record 20 saves in the first half of the season. At this pace, he probably won't get even 30 for the season. That isn't cutting it, and only Neal Cotts can salvage this trade if he continues like this.

As much as I hate him, MB hasnt been a disappointment.

As much as I like him, Bart has been disappointing but definitely not the biggest one.

Joe Crede is pretty much a rookie so he shouldnt be the biggest disappointment.

PK has definitely been disappointing but unlike Koch, he hasnt costed us any games. Heck, hes saved a few for us. So my vote goes to Koch...

Guest hotsoxchick1
PK has definitely been disappointing but unlike Koch, he hasnt costed us any games.
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: each time he was at bat and didnt get a hit he cost us something..... espically when someone else who could actually hit his weight for avg. could have been in his place instead of sitting on the bench........... :rolleyes:

How can Crede be on that list? He is just a rookie, give him a chance. With that said I voted for Konerko. He's under the mendoza line for crying out loud.

He's had a long time this year to turn things around. He wa spretty solid towards the end of last year. It's the all star break. It's more than halway done in the season. .225......225. that's awful, plain awful. rookie or not, that's not satisfactory enough and i'm not gonna write it off as "he's a rookie" anymore, i'm done with that. start producing or sit, we can't afford that anymore. there's just no reason for it because he hit last year.

I'd say the biggest disappointment is Koch, but he just leads a thing that has been a disappointment as a whole, which would be the bullpen. You look at our bullpen, and it is just depressing. Glover has sucked, White has sucked, Wunsch has been hurt, Sanders has struggled, and then there's Koch. Gordon was being hit a little at the beginning of the year, but he is fine now, and Marte has been rock solid all year, except maybe 2 or so outings where he's been hit a little(I can think of the Giants game where he gave up the grand slam to Aurilia, and the Cubs game off the top of my head). Two guys can't make a bullpen by themselves.

Konerko has been the biggest disappointment offensively, but I think if you're going to include MB in this list(he's thrown over 135 innings, his ERA is getting closer to the 4.00 mark, and he's won 4 in a row and gave a hell of an effort in Cleveland), then you have to include Aaron Rowand. The guy started off the year hitting .125. That's f***ing pitiful. But he was sent to the minors, and he fixed his swing, and he's better.

My biggest disappointment in all....the record. Our pitching is in the top 5, and we have a decent offense. We should be better then 44-49, especially once you consider what division we are in. At the very least, our record should be switched around.