Rumor: Yankees to trade M. Cabrera to Brew Crew for Cameron

LittleHurt05

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3761924

I like the trade for the Brewers much more than the Yankees. Brewers lower their payroll and get a guy who could be their CF of the future, and can actually play defense, as opposed to Hart and Braun who are butchers out there.

Yankees just spend more money for another older guy who hits homers and doesnt get on base a lot. I guess he can steal bases when he does get on base, but thats not often enough.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 10:23 AM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3761924

I like the trade for the Brewers much more than the Yankees. Brewers lower their payroll and get a guy who could be their CF of the future, and can actually play defense, as opposed to Hart and Braun who are butchers out there.

Yankees just spend more money for another older guy who hits homers and doesnt get on base a lot. I guess he can steal bases when he does get on base, but thats not often enough.

well its not like melky cabrera gets on base....and mike cameron is still a good CF, not what he once was, and maybe not as good as Melky, but certainly not bad...im not really convinced the brewers got a good baseball player in this deal....cabrera slugged .340 last year and had a .301 obp...those are awful numbers...IMO melky has been an overrated player on this site because the threw a few guys out from CF and hawk slobbing all over his nuts

of course shifting from the AL east to the NL Central (which is going to be an absolute joke this year) will help his numbers

Edited by daa84

This is the kind of move that the Brewers ought to be making. They take a bit of a chance, but clear some salary and get a guy they can hang on to for longer who has good upside.

Not a bad idea for the Yankees. Dramatic defensive upgrade.

And in terms of the Yankees, we really need to try to sign someone they'd be interested in grabbing for their big league team next offseason. Maybe we can rehabilitate Nix and turn him in to a 20 home run guy this season? Because as soon as they sign one more pitcher, then all of a sudden I think we can expect Hughes and Kennedy to be available next offseason after they struggle with inconsistent playing time this year, and I'd like a piece of that.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 05:11 PM)
It's amazing how many steroid guys the Yankees have had through the years, add another one to the list.

Cameron tested positive for a banned stimulate (which he claimed came from a tainted supplement) not roids.

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/hot_stov...482?eref=fromSI

Trade is on hold, as the Yankees are asking for a couple million from the Brew Crew to help pay Cameron's salary. As the article says, the Brewers are like, are you kidding me? you just outbid us by $60 million for CC, and now you want financial help for this trade. Get outta here...

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
It's amazing how many steroid guys the Yankees have had through the years, add another one to the list.

Well they do pay them the best so the players can afford it.

Maybe that's the Yankee way, pay them the most so they can get the best illegal PEDs :lolhitting

Edited by ptatc